Mountainsmith Grand Tour

Great pack, I love it. I recomend it for anything…

Size: 2050
Number of Pockets: 1 main; 1 medium; and 1 very small inside the main compartment
Max. Load Carried: 25 lb.
Height of Owner: 5' 10"
Price Paid: $112 (I paid); $89 (now)

Great pack, I love it. I recomend it for anything from climbing, skiing, to dayhikes. The pack is very long (for 2000 ci), perfect width, but not too deep.

The medium pocket opens by means of velcro. The very small pocket is a zippered one located at the top of the inside of the main compartment. It is perfect for holding small items such as your keys. The quality in workmanship is immaculate, just as any Mountainsmith.

The waistbelt is not padded but still has width. The only bad side is that the padding never softens up, maybe a plus for some folks. Beware this pack has tons of straps, more than you're going to know what to do with.

Yes, this pack is taller than the average pack. You…

Size: 2050
Number of Pockets: 1main w/2 inside, 1 outside
Max. Load Carried: 30lbs
Height of Owner: 5'8"

Yes, this pack is taller than the average pack.

You can place about three pairs of socks, underwear, three T-shirts, two shorts, and a pair of Tevas.

Put your passport in the inside top pocket that zips closed.

Add you can put a snorkel mask and fins!

Then go to the South Pacific with only ONE pack!!

I did it for two weeks!

I had a blast!

I use this to port around 25 lbs of books and gear…

Size: 1979
Number of Pockets: 2
Max. Load Carried: 25 lbs
Height of Owner: 6'

I use this to port around 25 lbs of books and gear and it hasn't failed or hurt me yet. its a great pack.

If you've owned or used a Mountainsmith Grand Tour, please share your experience.

Mountainsmith Grand Tour

The Grand Tour has been discontinued.

The Mountainsmith Grand Tour is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen September 16, 2012 at Sierra Trading Post.

If you're looking for a new daypack (under 2,000 cu in), check out the best reviewed current models.