MSR DuraLite Classic Cookset

I purchased this set as an upgrade to an older, heavy…

I purchased this set as an upgrade to an older, heavy cook set that I had (different brand). I was disappointed after the very first use. The teflon started peeling off. Plus the handle grips inside the pot which in turn scratches at the teflon no matter how careful you are.

I feel like I really wasted my money on this set.

I ended up buying a GSI Bugaboo cook set to replace this set and I love it.

Love it. Has great weight - size ratio, cooks a variety…

Love it. Has great weight - size ratio, cooks a variety of foods real well and cleans fairly easy. Recommended.

I have used this set for three seasons now. Overall…

I have used this set for three seasons now. Overall I'm happy with it. I also purchased a duralite 7.25" frying pan to use with this (making it basically the Gourmet set) and it stacks nicely with the set and fits snugly inside the duralite classic kit bag.

I like the dark finish - no need to be obsessive about getting it completely clean on the trail. The coating has fared well on the pan bottoms but is getting chewed up on the rim by the potholder. I have adapted the potholder with an o-ring 'spring' and zip tie so it will stay attached to the pots unaided - I usually use it this way. This has reduced the damage to the pots from constant movement - but of course the lids only fit loosely like this.

I do very much like the dual fit lid - it fits over either pot and seals quite well - the handle gets hot though - only just bearable for me...

My frypan bottom has warped slightly from localized heating with my pocket rocket stove - but the two pots have been fine.

I do find the rims of the frypan and pots get sharp - probably from the teeth of the potholder. I need to be careful when washing them out to avoid finger cuts...

I use these pots a lot and like their flexibility and light weight overall. I am able to fit a pocket rocket, small gas canister, stabilizer base, lighter, condiments and cleaning cloth easily inside. I do always place a thin cloth between each pan and lining the inner area - it seems this is needed to avoid too much contact/rattling on the move.

Alan

A classic set for traveling in the backcountry, the MSR Duralite Classic Cookset features the right combination of cookware to keep you well fed, while not overburdening your load. Set includes 1.5-liter and 2-liter pots, lid, PanHandler and Packtowl.

- Mountain Gear

Just right for all kinds of backcountry adventures, this set contains enough cookware for up to three people. Includes 1.5 and 2 liter pots, lid, and PanHandler. 40% lighter than most aluminum cookware. Features MSR's DuraCoat- three layers of MSR's longest lasting, non-stick coating. Includes a PackTowl for cleaning and non-stick protection during transport. Spiral grooved bottom grips stove pot supports. Nests with other MSR cookware for compact storage. Weighs 18 oz.

- Campmor

The MSR Duralite Classic Cookset is an integrated system of two non-stick pots and a lid. These lightweight aluminum pots have been coated in a scratch-proof non-stick coating to make backcountry cooking a breeze. The 1.5 liter pot nestles inside the 2 liter pot for easy storage and carrying. Includes: (1)1.5L nonstick anodized aluminum pot, (1) 2 L nonstick anodized aluminum pot, (1) aluminum lid, (1) PanHandler pot lifter, (1) PackTowl, and (1) mesh stuff sack. MSR Duralite Classic Cookset Features: Non-stick anodized aluminum nesting pots are lightweight, and easy to pack and cleanCompact: Efficient nesting design saves valuable pack room.Rounded inner bottom coves are easy to clean and transfer heat more efficientlyWeight: 1 lb. 2 oz.

- OMCgear

Free Shipping. MSR DuraLite Classic Cookset (Fall 2008) Just right for all kinds of back country adventures, the Dura Lite Classic Cook Set by MSR contains enough cookware for up to three people. Includes 1.5- and 2-liter pots, lid, PanHandler and Packtowl.Features: Weight: 20.6 oz (585 g) Lightweight: Up to 40% lighter than other hard anodized cookware. Modular: Nests with other MSR cookware for compact storage. Prevents Scorching: Quick, even heat distribution. Long-Lasting Coating: Three layers of DuraCoat are extremely scratch-resistant. Grooved Bottom: Grips stove pot supports and stabilizes pans. Includes Dish Towel: For cleaning and non-stick protection during transportation.

Description of MSR Duralite Classic CooksetJust right for all kinds of backcountry adventures, this set contains enough cookware for up to three people. Includes 1.5- and 2-liter pots, lid, PanHandler™ and Packtowl®.Features:Up to 40% lighter than other h

- US Outdoor Store

MSR DuraLite Classic Cookset

The DuraLite Classic Cookset has been discontinued.

The MSR DuraLite Classic Cookset is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 15, 2013 at Mountain Gear.

If you're looking for a new pot/pan, check out the best reviewed current models.