MSR Sweetwater Silt Stopper II

I use this in a gravity-filter system before my Sawyer…

Price Paid: 20 USD? + 12 per every 3 new filters

I use this in a gravity-filter system before my Sawyer filter, to prolong the life of the Sawyer filter.

I have mixed feelings about this thing. It works, in that the filter pulls out lots of sediment so that it doesn't get through and clog the main filter. But it almost works a little too well. I always pick the cleanest water I can find, and even after about 8 liters (4 plattys full) it becomes so clogged that water stops flowing. I suppose without this inline, I would just be clogging my main (and expensive) filter.

I think I just need to carry a few spare filters, but to need one spare filter per day is an annoying option.

Overall, it does what it's supposed to do.

Visit MSR's Sweetwater Silt Stopper II page.

Unique prefilter fits any brand of filter or purifier to reduce need for cleaning and extend filter life. Stops all microscopic algae, silt and cysts that prematurely clog the primary filter so that it can focus on the truly tiny bugs that matter. Backflush to clean, filter element is replaceable. Wt. 1 oz.Dimensions: 2 in x 2.5 in (7 cm x 5.1 cm)Wt. .9 oz (26 g)Stops all microscopic algae, silt and cysts that prematurely clog the primary filterBackflush to cleanBackflush to cleanPLEASE NOTE: If you live in the state of Iowa, we are unable to sell you any water purification system due to Iowa Department of Public Health Restrictions. We apologize for any inconvenience.

- Campmor

MSR Sweetwater Silt Stopper II

The MSR Sweetwater Silt Stopper II is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen July 9, 2013 at Campmor.

If you're looking for a new water filter accessory, check out the best reviewed current models.