Nalgene 32 oz Wide Mouth Tritan

A classic. Unless you are doing a Camelbak, 32oz is…

Summary

A classic.

Pros

• Does what is needed
  • BPA Free

Unless you are doing a Camelbak, 32oz is the largest volume water carrier you can get and Nalgene is top of the heap.

A solid bottle with a great cap to prevent leaks. Most bottles also come with a a graphic to show you how much water is left, important for hot days in the desert.

My only complaint is that the cap doesn't do so well with multiple trips through the dishwasher. A small complaint and easily rectified as you can buy replacement caps, but overall this is a workhorse of water systems.

I recently replaced all my ancient Lexan Nalgene bottles…

I recently replaced all my ancient Lexan Nalgene bottles after reports about the effect of BPA. I hope BPA isn't too bad because I have been dumping boiling water into my Nalgene bottles for years. Nalgene's Lexan bottles have been a mainstay of mine for years. They are indestructible, don't impart any weird taste, are very easy to clean, and it's hard to lose the top because it is attached to the bottle.

The new bottles have the same wide mouth and the same attached cap. They are also made out of a hard clear plastic that can deal with hot water and freezing temperatures, and which does not appear to affect the taste of the water or other liquids it carries. I found that this bottle weighs somewhat more than a comparable Lexan bottle, and I have no idea whether this new material will last as well as Lexan.

The main competitor for bottles appears to be Camelbak. One of the Camelbak tops has a convenient spout that flips shut - but I don't think this can be used in cold weather as it's too narrow and looks like it would freeze. The more plain Camelbak tops both have a convenient hard plastic loop that could attach to a pack with a carabiner - but these tops are still not attached to the bottle when unscrewed.

A nice, safe substitute for my old favorite. I can't give it five stars until I thoroughly abuse this bottle with boiling water and years of impact on the rocks.

These Nalgene water bottles are the best I have ever…

These Nalgene water bottles are the best I have ever used they are tough & durable. I have dropped them down stairs on rocks they have let them freeze by accident in the winter and in the freezer for that ice cold drink on the trail I have thawed them out by the fire. All with no repercussions of the structural integrity of the bottle there just like a Timex “they tack a licking but keep on ticking“ if you remember that commercial. These are great for drinking out of, water storage, drink mix’s and even dry storage. You cant beet the usefulness of these bottles.

I would definitely recommend this to a friend.

I have several of the wide and narrow mouth bottles.

I have several of the wide and narrow mouth bottles. I think these things are indestructible! I even ran over one with my jeep and saw no damage at all. Well worth the $10!

If you've owned or used a Nalgene 32 oz Wide Mouth Tritan, please share your experience.