NEMO Nano

I hate this tent. I fixated on weight when I bought…

Price Paid: $200 +

I hate this tent. I fixated on weight when I bought it; big mistake and now I'm stuck with it.

You've got to literally wear the tent while setting it up because of the internal poles. On a hot day, you sweat like crazy inside the tent while fussing with the poles, velcro loops and corner grommets. On a windy, rainy day, you'll be cussing even more.

I wish I could trade the darn thing for another tent. I've used it three times now and it still sucks! Tent poles should be mounted on the outside, period. Don't buy this dud. Once it's set up, it's fine.

I'm 6'3" and 230 lbs. and it's got sufficient room for me and my gear, but not another person.

I purchased the Nano about a year ago and my first…

I purchased the Nano about a year ago and my first use was in the BWCAW. That was disappointing due to the condensation on the walls of the tent. After contacting Nemo, it was clear to me that one cannot expect better performance from a single-wall tent with minimal ventilation.

Since then, I have used the Nano about 10 times with varying degrees of condensation.

I have finally concluded that 1) single wall tents are fundamentally flawed due to their inability to move air through them, and 2) tents using internal poles are just too difficult to set up.

Perhaps my last use of the tent was this month (Nov 2010) at Lost Maples State Park in Texas where I had to set up the tent in a high wind. To setup a tent where you must crawl inside and find the connection points for the poles (in the dark) is challenging. In a high wind, it is an exercise in futility!! External half-dome style tents with external clips to fasten poles are far easier to construct.

I have spent about 150 nights on the ground in the last six years.  Most of those were spent inside a Coleman Exponent tent (no longer sold) that I could setup in about four minutes (blindfolded)!  The only reason for buying the Nano was for reasons of weight.

I regret the decision.  I think the Nano was well constructed with quality components but it is a fundamentally flawed design.

It is time for me to move on to a better tent.

This tent is great! Weight is minimal and pack size…

Design: Four Season Free Standing
Ease of Setup: Very Easy
Weight: 3lbs, 8oz.

This tent is great! Weight is minimal and pack size is what one expects from Nemo (I am biased...I love Nemo tents). This carried well in a Granite Gear Vaportrail on a recent trip on the Superior Hiking Trail.

During our trip we weathered an evening that saw 5 plus inches of rain and saw the trail turn into a river. There was a bit of moisture coming through by the end of the night which I thought was a problem until the morning when I saw just how much rain we had gotten.

Others in the group were using REI, North Face and Mountain Hardwear tents...only the Nano was reasonably dry!

I will have no reservations about using this tent is the worst storms and am excited to use it in the winter. I am also eager to see the air beams when they become available.

My only quibble with the tent and the only thing costing it half a star is the fact that the door cannot open from the bottom which makes it prone to filling up with mosquitoes.

Nano™ is all about efficiency. Nano's™ shape is computer optimized to yield the perfect balance of strength and interior volume. The bold catenary curves at the base of the tent cut out wasted fabric and increase tension in the tent walls, which helps with wind resistance and water shedding. An integrated vestibule saves weight by eliminating attachment hardware and rolls out of the way when not needed. An optional removable WindShield™ curtain adds all-conditions versatility when you want it, saving weight and increasing ventilation when you don't (sold separately). Nano™ comes with DAC aluminum poles and optional Footprint and Pawprint™.

- GearX.com

Pack light without sacrificing luxury - Nemo's Nano tent uses computer technology to provide maximum strength and interior volume. The Nano's floor plan uses bold curves to reduce weight and increase wind resistance and water shedding on the tensioned walls.

- Mountain Gear

Nano is all about efficiency. Nano's shape is computer optimized to yield the perfect balance of strength and interior volume. The bold catenary curves at the base of the tent cut out wasted fabric and increase tension in the tent walls, which helps with wind resistance and water shedding. An integrated vestibule saves weight by eliminating attachment hardware and rolls out of the way when not needed. An optional removable WindShield curtain adds all-conditions versatility when you want it, saving weight and increasing ventilation when you don't. Nano comes with DAC aluminum poles and optional Footprint and Pawprint. 3.8 lbs (1.7 kg)36 sq ft (3.34 sq m)8 sq ft (0.74 sq m) VestibuleOptional Pawprint

- Mountains Plus

On Sale. Free Shipping. NEMO Nano 2 Person Tent (Fall 2009) Nemo products cannot be shipped to Japan. Please don't hate us. OVERSIZE ITEM: We cannot ship this product by any expedited shipping method (3-Day, 2-Day or Next Day). Even if you pick that option, it will still go Ground Shipping. Sorry for being so mean. The Nano Tent by Nemo is all about efficiency. Nano's shape is computer optimized to yield the perfect balance of strength and interior volume. The bold catenary curves at the base of the tent cut out wasted fabric and increase tension in the tent walls, which helps with wind resistance and water shedding. An integrated vestibule saves weight by eliminating attachment hardware and rolls out of the way when not needed. DAC Featherlite NSL poles use a sophisticated design to reduce weight and increase strength at pole connectionpoints. Featherlite pole sets are on average 20% lighter than standard aluminum poles. Nano also features DACVariable Diameter technology which allows different amounts of flexibility along the entire pole length. This allows usto steepen the walls of Nano and create more usable space. NEMO's DAC Aluminum poles use anenvironmentally-friendly anodization process that eliminates the use of harmful chemicals in their production. A small vestibule provides additional storage for gear and a dry way in and out. Prominent catenary curves along every edge of the tent produce excellent tension in the shell. A large internally deployable vent high and opposite the door promotes good air circulation. Specifications: Weight: 3.7 lbs Size: 36.7 square feet (88in. x 60in.) Vestibule: 8 square feet Height: 42in. Dry Bag Stuff Sack Pole Stuff Sack DAC Featherlite SL 9/9.6 mm

Nano is all about efficiency. The Nemo Nano 2 person Ultralight Tent shape was computer optimized to yield the perfect balance of strength and interior volume. The bold catenary curves at the base of the tent cut out wasted fabric and increase tension in the tent walls, which helps with wind resistance and water shedding. An integrated vestibule saves weight by eliminating attachment hardware and rolls out of the way when not needed. An optional removable WindShield curtain adds all-conditions versatility when you want it, saving weight and increasing ventilation when you don't. Nano comes with DAC aluminum poles and optional Footprint and Pawprint .

- Altrec Outdoors

NEMO Nano

The Nano has been discontinued.

The NEMO Nano is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 15, 2013 at Mountain Gear.

If you're looking for a new four-season tent, check out the best reviewed current models.