NEMO Tensor Insulated 25

Very comfortable for sleepers who roll or side sleep,…

Summary

Very comfortable for sleepers who roll or side sleep, and super lightweight and compact.

Pros

• Comfort from the 2.5-3 inch depth is awesome
  • Easy to deflate and roll back up in stuff sack
  • 25" wide version keeps entire body off the ground
  • Quiet

Cons

• Should come with a pump sac
  • Slides on the tent floor easily

So I have had the Tensor for a month now and had it out a variety of times in mostly colder temperature weather.

Features that I find work very well are the textured design or lack thereof. The mostly flat surface with dimples removes low or dipping points in the pad and creates a consistent feel under you. I felt well supported no matter what sleeping position I was in.

The 25" version was a deal maker for me as I like my arms to stay off the ground and I am a side, back, and stomach sleeper, so the Tensor was one of the few that made a 25° wide in a regular length.

The construction of the Tensor is cherry. I have had zero issues with any defects, leaks, etc. And let me state it's quiet. I tried many in the stores and sound issues were noticeable on several models of other brands. This one is very quiet when you're moving on it.

I would suggest if you're sleeping on a less than flat surfaces that some small silicone drops be applied to the bottom to avoid the pad sliding in your tent. Its not a huge deal but I did have this happen as in the Virginia area there is little flat surface so I was always on a bit of an incline and would slide throughout the night towards one end of the tent.

Overall I would suggest this pad. I am planning on buying another for my wife and using the Feathered Friends Condor Groundsheet to bring them together and then a quilt zipped to the sheet.

YT review:

Welcome to Trailspace, Brian! Thanks for the review of your Tensor pad. I hope you'll keep us posted on how it continues to work out.

1 month ago

Thanks for sharing your YouTube review as well, Brian.

Very lightweight, roomy, with great insulation properties.

Summary

Very lightweight, roomy, with great insulation properties.

Pros

• Very packable, small size when packed
  • No crinkle noise!
  • super comfortable

Cons

• Air intake nozzle close to your head space

This Nemo Tensor is a super lightweight sleeping pad, and very comfortable. I, like most of us, have been through a few different pads. I'm 5'7", 115 pounds, and need a well insulated pad as I'm a cold sleeper and also have very little body fat, so a simple foam sheet doesn't work for me.

This is well constructed and fills fairly easily. I've used it twice: the last was a four-day, three-night backpacking trip to San Rafael Wilderness area above Santa Barbara, Calif. Temps only in the low 50's, and worked great! I last used the Therm-a-Rest NeoAir Max: excellent insulation at R5.6, but just not enough room for a 20 width and still too crinkly for me.

The Nemo avoids that problem with a different baffle design, and weighs about the same, at a 25 width. Loving it!!

Thanks for sharing your Nemo review, Bryan!