Nike Tengu III Mid GTX

I would highly recommend the Nike Tengu III Mid GTX.

I would highly recommend the Nike Tengu III Mid GTX. These are lighter than most of my running shoes, and although it doesn't look like the tread will perform, it does exceptionally well on every surface I've run on. The trail system I run on consists of rivers, creeks, mud, loose gravel, slippery rocks, and the ever treacherous tree root. The All-Trac trail outsole does an excellent job of digging into any surface it comes into contact with (even when dripping wet). I have extremely flat feet and these shoes provide plenty of support. The Gore-Tex XCR membrane could be improved a bit, but for $80 this shoe is a bargain. I do a lot of hiking-climbing and trail running, and this shoe overall has been an excellent purchase.

These are an outstanding boot. I bought these while…

Materials: Gore-tex
Use: Short hikes daily use
Break-in Period: none
Weight: 1.8 pounds

These are an outstanding boot. I bought these while I still owned a couple other hiking boots. My Lowa's and Montrail boots don't even compare to the comfort of these boots. They are very lightweight but, offer enough support around the ankle that I am going to wear them backpacking this spring.

What a great boot.

The best shoe I have ever had on my feet. I use this…

Use: Frisbee Golf

The best shoe I have ever had on my feet. I use this shoe to play Disc Golf. Great to keep your feet dry in the rain and very lightweight. Excellent traction. I own three pairs.

If you've owned or used a Nike Tengu III Mid GTX, please share your experience.

Nike Tengu III Mid GTX

The Tengu III Mid GTX has been discontinued.

The Nike Tengu III Mid GTX is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen August 6, 2006 at Altrec Outdoors.