Nite Ize Gear Tie 24"

It's a nice alternative to using bungee cords. They…

Source: received it as a personal gift

Summary

It's a nice alternative to using bungee cords. They are as useful as bungees. I liked the 24-inch pair so much, I bought a pair of 18-inch ties. I might even buy a couple sets of smaller ones. They are a very handy "hardware" bag item.

Pros

• More adjustable than a bungee
  • Can tie things to backpack nearly anywhere
  • Can be used more widely than a bungee for repair, etc

Cons

• Tough to "tighten down"
  • Am worried with overuse it will break faster than a bungee
  • The knot will slide under weight

Gear Ties are one of "those little things" that are nice to throw in the pack for "just in case." Like a bungee, they are highly utilitarian, useable for all the little jobs to hold stuff down or in, or...

They stay pliable in the cold. I never go snowshoeing without them! The ties work MUCH better for holding snowshoes than bungees when I want to just carry the snowshoes. The rubber coating protects the gear from wear and tear and marring.

They take up just a little more room than the mini-bungees, which I heavily rely on. They weigh a bit more than the mini-bungees, and that may matter to gram-weinies.

These are just over-sized, over-zealous twisty-ties.  Who doesn't need twist ties? They are very strong, and seemingly very durable. I have used mine 3 years, and I haven't noticed any serious wear and tear. I have read reports of people using them from everything to tying a paint can to a ladder to secure their boat to a dock.

My only ding, which keeps me from giving the product 5 stars, is I used them last year to hold my bear can onto my external frame pack, hoping they would be easier to use than bungees to hold it on. Well, they were easy to untie, but I found the twist would come unraveled and loosen as the can bounced against the ties. I was frustrated because I had to go back to bungees since the can came off at least three times in a couple of days.

However, I find that they are extremely handy, overall, and I like having them in my arsenal of choices to go into my "hardware" bag of fix-it supplies, right next to the duct tape and superglue.

The adjustable, shapeable nature of our Gear Tie Mountable Cord Organizers creates the perfect way to keep your desktop, nightstand, entertainment unit, kitchen and bathroom countertops free of maddening cord chaos. Its slim, round base is backed with 3M Acrylic Plus Tape, so it affixes semi-permanently and out of view to the undersides of shelves, desks, or counters - practically any smooth, flat surface. It stays firm and in place through extreme temperatures, both in and out of doors, but can be removed whenever you choose without damaging the wall or furniture it's been attached to. Once you've got it in place, just wrap the flexible, reusable Gear Tie around the cords of chargers, appliances, or electronics to gather, organize, and bind them neatly, make them less visible, and their functionality more accessible. Multiple Gear Tie Mountable Cord Organizers lined in a row can neatly guide longer cords. Package of two. 3.

- Ramsey Outdoor