No Limits Blanca Peak

Wide and sturdy tent should last years. Quick setup,…

Summary

Wide and sturdy tent should last years. Quick setup, easy pull zippers. Lots of storage.

Pros

• 2 doors, 4 inside storage pockets, lantern hanger
  • Fast and very easy setup
  • Very durable, should last many years

Cons

• Tent is too short
  • Vestibules too small

The No Limits Blanca Peak has plenty of extras and little touches making it top notch. I highly recommend this roomy tent for car camping. After 5 or 6 uses I found it to be just too short for my 6ft 1in frame. My feet and head were against the walls. Using just a 2.5 in thick pad I was close to the ground where space is greater. Packs small - 15in x 6in.

I am all for lightening the load on your back, but…

I am all for lightening the load on your back, but I prefer my that my wallet remains weighted.  At about a third of the price as other two-man back-packing tents, the No-Limits Blanca Peak is unrivaled. If you live in the Southwest, this brand can only be found at Academy Sports + Outdoors, beyond that, I have no clue how one would go about acquiring one.

I'll list the specs, since you won't be able to find them online, but my experience with the tent has left me with nothing but smiles. Recently we survived an unexpected thunderstorm that dumped horizontal rain on us the entire night without the tent folding over in the wind or getting us wet.  The two vestibules kept our packs and boots dry while allowing enough ventilation to keep us comfortable.

Set-up and break-down was a breeze (about 5 minutes each) and I was able to keep the packed weight under 5lbs (it's only 5lbs 4oz to begin with).

It's as roomy as you would expect a two-man backpacker would be, but the 5'7" girlfriend and my 5'10" frame fit comfortably with our bags and pads, a change of clothes, and some other items inside.

It comes with a gear-loft which also has two pockets sewn in. Depending on the time of tear, we've had two sets of glasses, our headlams, cell-phones, gloves, and beanies up there. The four corners also have mesh pockets against the tent wall (not hanging) for storing more items out of the way.

Anyway, here are the basic specs:

Weight - 5lbs 4oz

Floor Dimensions - 83" x 55"

Floor Area - 31.65 Sq. Ft.

Peak Height - 43"

Poles - 2, aluminum

ERock-Campsite.jpg

ERock-Campsite-2.jpg

If you've owned or used a No Limits Blanca Peak, please share your experience.

No Limits Blanca Peak

The No Limits Blanca Peak is not available from the stores we monitor.

Weight 5 lbs 4 oz