No Limits Kings Peak II
This is a good starter tent for a backpacker on a…
Source: bought it new
Price Paid: $70
This is a good starter tent for a backpacker on a budget or someone who primarily does drive in camping or short overnight trips. It is a good tent for the money.
- Easy to set up
- A good starter tent or for drive in camping
- Not free standing
- A bit on the heavy side for backpacking
- Bulky when packed
I bought this tent about 2 years ago and have used it on several camping trips including multi-day backpacking trips. It has held up well including stormy wind gusts of 35-45 mph. It has not had any leaks or condensation problems.
It is not free standing which is a drawback, especially when setting up in windy conditions. It also takes up quite a bit of space when packed and is on the heavy side for a backpacking tent.
I took this tent for a couple of backpacking trips…
Source: bought it new
Price Paid: $50
I took this tent for a couple of backpacking trips in Israel. It's a 2-person tent and easily roomy enough without gear. With gear inside its a bit cramped, but to be expected since its a backpacking tent.
- Sturdy poles
- Not freestanding
It does have two shoes vestibules outside though which is nice. It's lightweight (5.1lb) considering the price. Found it to be sufficiently durable as well. 2 side doors with mesh make it easy to air out on hot summer days.
My only gripe is that the pole setup does no allow it to be freestanding, meaning that you have to set it up on soft ground where you can hammer in poles. This is obviously not a drawback if you understand this beforehand, but probably an unwelcome surprise otherwise. No problems with zippers.
Pack the No Limits™ Kings Peak II Technical Tent on your next backpacking trip. Made of breathable and durable polyester with mesh sides and roof to maximize airflow, the tent sleeps up to 2 people and is designed with a 3.4' peak height. A swift clip and power mesh attachment allows for quick setup, while the 2 vestibules provide space to store gear.
Features and Benefits
- Sleeps up to 2 people with a 3.4' peak height
- 2 doors with cordlock fly and door tiebacks with reflective tape for visibility at night
- Breathable polyester, 2 aluminum poles and aluminum pegs offer durability
- 2 vestibules for gear storage
- Full, weatherproof rainfly is seam sealed for protection against leaks
- Mesh sides and roof to maximize airflow
- 2 storage pockets
- Swift clip and power mesh attachment allows for quick setup
- Easy-to-follow instructions are sewn into the carry bag so you will always have them on hand
- Corded zipper pulls for ease of use
- No-see-em mesh offers protection from insects
- Drawstring carry bag with 2 buckled compression straps and a carry handle