Northern Lights Sundog

I've owned my Sundog for about three years, and love…

I've owned my Sundog for about three years, and love it. It's small enough that I can always find room for it in my pack. (It also comes with a protective plastic carrying case). I like to use the Jetboil fuel canisters, because they are much smaller. The lantern puts out a substantial amount of light and heat. I know your not supposed to ... but if you hang it from the ceiling of your tent on a cold winter morning you'll be able to find your clothes and change into them in a nice toasty tent.

I have had no problems at all with it. Surprisingly, I have only had to replace the mantle a handful of times, and it has been used often. It has survived 20-25 weekend backpacking trips, a weeklong trip in Alaska, and a 10-day trip in Wyoming, and is still working just as well as it did when it was new.Along with my Sierra Designs Down filled Mutts, the Sundog lantern is must-have luxury item that I always make room for in my pack.

Northern Lights Sundog

The Northern Lights Sundog is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen September 26, 2006 at Backcountry Outlet.

If you're looking for a new fuel-burning lantern , check out the best reviewed current models.