I've owned my Sundog for about three years, and love…

I've owned my Sundog for about three years, and love it. It's small enough that I can always find room for it in my pack. (It also comes with a protective plastic carrying case). I like to use the Jetboil fuel canisters, because they are much smaller. The lantern puts out a substantial amount of light and heat. I know your not supposed to ... but if you hang it from the ceiling of your tent on a cold winter morning you'll be able to find your clothes and change into them in a nice toasty tent.

I have had no problems at all with it. Surprisingly, I have only had to replace the mantle a handful of times, and it has been used often. It has survived 20-25 weekend backpacking trips, a weeklong trip in Alaska, and a 10-day trip in Wyoming, and is still working just as well as it did when it was new.Along with my Sierra Designs Down filled Mutts, the Sundog lantern is must-have luxury item that I always make room for in my pack.