Northern Lites Backcountry 30

Weight 2 pounds 13 ounces/pair
Dimensions 9 X 30 inches
Max load 250 pounds

I was looking for a lightweight snowshoe to use in…

I was looking for a lightweight snowshoe to use in mixed conditions in the Northeast. I looked at the MSR Lightning's, but found the Backcounty's to be almost 1 lb lighter. On my first trip to the White Mountains, they worked better than I ever imagined.

I've used them on a few trips now and have not been disappointed. I never once had a problem, and due to the weight savings, my legs felt much better than when I hiked the same area using a pair of MSR's. When they are on your backpack, you don't even notice the difference.

They are easy to use, geat traction, great stability, and very very light. What else do you need....

The Gray Backcountry is the snowshoe of choice for mountaineering, backpacking, hiking, and general use over uncertain terrain. At a full 30" long, the Backcountry provides all the floatation most people will require in any snow conditions. And at only 43 oz. per pair, the Backcountry weighs less than the 22" and 25" models of ordinary aluminum frame snowshoes.

Northern Lites Backcountry 30

The Backcountry 30 has been discontinued.

The Northern Lites Backcountry 30 is not available from the stores we monitor.

If you're looking for a new backcountry snowshoe, check out the best reviewed current models.