User Review: Northwest Territory Simpson Bay
Design: 17 x12 ft, 2-Rm Hex Dome Tent
Ease of Setup: Easy 5-min two person setup; 10 min max with one person
Weight: Approx 15 lbs
Price Paid: $79
- Rain fly extends to within 12" of the bottom of the tent and is part of the screened in patio area.
- Ventilation is superb, actually too good on a colder night. The doors have rounded corners and make for extremely easy zipping with one motion.
- Also features a sewn in door mat and zippered access panels in the bottom front corners of the tent.
- The elliptical shape of the tent makes this less roomy standing up everywhere but in the middle.
- Structurally, the tent seems to rely on the rainfly/patio for support in strong winds to prevent it from folding over. Also if you want the patio, you have to have the rainfly on as well.
Overall, I really like this tent. The available space for the 2-room setup is too small for my liking. Still it fits my queen air mattress with plenty of room on the sides for gear without it (though depth-wise there's about 12" from the door to the mattress). It's "airy" in that there's so much mesh you'll want the rainfly installed if you require privacy. 5 minute setup times, ez-zippers, mesh pockets & shelf, all pack into a roomy stow bag.
Where to Buy
The Northwest Territory Simpson Bay is not available from the stores we monitor.
You may be able to find it new or used at one of these sites:
Or you may want to check for a dealer list or direct sales on the Northwest Territory website.
Retailers: Do you sell this product? List your site here.