User Review: Northwest Territory Simpson Bay
Design: 17 x12 ft, 2-Rm Hex Dome Tent
Ease of Setup: Easy 5-min two person setup; 10 min max with one person
Weight: Approx 15 lbs
Price Paid: $79
- Rain fly extends to within 12" of the bottom of the tent and is part of the screened in patio area.
- Ventilation is superb, actually too good on a colder night. The doors have rounded corners and make for extremely easy zipping with one motion.
- Also features a sewn in door mat and zippered access panels in the bottom front corners of the tent.
- The elliptical shape of the tent makes this less roomy standing up everywhere but in the middle.
- Structurally, the tent seems to rely on the rainfly/patio for support in strong winds to prevent it from folding over. Also if you want the patio, you have to have the rainfly on as well.
Overall, I really like this tent. The available space for the 2-room setup is too small for my liking. Still it fits my queen air mattress with plenty of room on the sides for gear without it (though depth-wise there's about 12" from the door to the mattress). It's "airy" in that there's so much mesh you'll want the rainfly installed if you require privacy. 5 minute setup times, ez-zippers, mesh pockets & shelf, all pack into a roomy stow bag.