Oboz Sawtooth Low

Great lightweight trail shoes for day or overnight…

Summary

Great lightweight trail shoes for day or overnight trips.

Pros

• Nice look
  • Good price

Cons

• Difficult to break in
  • Poor fit

I was excited about this shoe. For one, it is made in the USA and wanted to encourage a USA-based company.

Two, I really liked the way it looked. I have always used stiff backpacking boots for day or mutli-day trips but was ready to convert to using lighter shoes for my backpacking trips. I thought this would do it.

However, I gave it many trials and I kept getting blisters after blisters, and so I finally gave up trying to break the shoes. My arch also started hurting so I got worried about getting permanent arch inflammation. I returned them even though I had great hopes.

Overall, I think it is designed for warmer weather. It has a great grip, especially for rock scrambling which is what I tend to do a lot of. I think it fits true to size, but once again, since I never was able to break through, perhaps I didn't have the right fit for me foot size.

Bill Palmer

I had the same experience when I purchased them in 2013. No blister but lost there shape

These shoes are fantastic and fit perfectly from the…

Summary

These shoes are fantastic and fit perfectly from the start. I immediately forget I have them on and I can walk for days and not get sore feet. I have a tendency for plantar fasciitis, and these provide great arch support and have generous room for toes. Solid under my feet, I will be buying these again when they wear out...but I don't expect that to be for a few years.

Pros

• Look great
  • Supportive, fit well

Cons

• Nothing I can think of...the price?

Fit — perfect from the start, good arch support, room for wide feet. Lacing system easy to tighten and adjust. No break in needed for me. No chaffing or friction. Feel very supportive, bit still lighter than a boot...great for warmer weather and casual wear.

I'm not sure if it would naturally keep moisture and rain out, but I gave my shoes a waterproofing treatment when new. Great grip...good tread. I'm basically a day walker, including carrying a pack, but also use these for casual use. I'm relatively lightweight, so not a lot of load on the shoes, but I expect them to last me for years.

I also have Oboz BDry boots and can say the same for them...and they have been to snowy mountains and rainforest walks, to working outdoors.

Welcome to Trailspace, Birder Girl!

rated 4.00 of 5 stars All Sawtooth Low versions

In addition to the 2 women's reviews above, there are 7 reviews for other versions of the Sawtooth Low. Read all reviews »