Oboz Sawtooth

Great lightweight trail shoes for day or overnight…

Summary

Great lightweight trail shoes for day or overnight trips.

Pros

• Nice look
  • Good price

Cons

• Difficult to break in
  • Poor fit

I was excited about this shoe. For one, it is made in the USA and wanted to encourage a USA-based company.

Two, I really liked the way it looked. I have always used stiff backpacking boots for day or mutli-day trips but was ready to convert to using lighter shoes for my backpacking trips. I thought this would do it.

However, I gave it many trials and I kept getting blisters after blisters, and so I finally gave up trying to break the shoes. My arch also started hurting so I got worried about getting permanent arch inflammation. I returned them even though I had great hopes.

Overall, I think it is designed for warmer weather. It has a great grip, especially for rock scrambling which is what I tend to do a lot of. I think it fits true to size, but once again, since I never was able to break through, perhaps I didn't have the right fit for me foot size.

rated 3.50 of 5 stars All Sawtooth versions

In addition to the 1 women's review above, there is 1 review for another version of the Sawtooth. Read all reviews »

If you've owned or used an Oboz Women's Sawtooth, please share your experience.