Osprey Aura 65

small medium large
Weight 3 lb 7 oz / 1.55 kg 3 lb 9 oz / 1.63 kg 3 lb 12 oz / 1.70 kg
Capacity 3800 cu in / 62 L 4000 cu in / 65 L 4200 cu in / 68 L

Ultra comfortable. light and super durable, this pack…

Source: received it as a personal gift

Summary

Ultra comfortable. light and super durable, this pack is the pack of my dreams.

Pros

• Comfort. Plain and simple. I forget it's on my back.
  • Durable. I beat the heck out of this thing and it looks like new.

Cons

• Seems a little smaller on the inside that my Golite 65
  • Side pockets are tough to reach into while hiking.

I love Osprey packs. I also own a Kestral 48 that I use for winter day hikes.

The Aura is a dream to carry and to pack. The outer pockets are a little tough to reach into when hiking and the thing refuses to stand up when I place it on flat ground, but these are minor annoyances.

I would recommend this pack to anyone. It's good looking too, I have the plum one.

My wife loves this pack! She wears it even on overnighters…

My wife loves this pack! She wears it even on overnighters because she loves the comfort so much. There is a lot of storage which makes me happy.

She has never once complained about any pinching or chaffing or uncomfortable fit. Before this she had the smaller 50 and we decided to trade up since we will be hiking the A.T. soon and she said she couldn't be happier that she did.

Her favorite thing is the mesh backing, she said she is so much happier with the load on her shoulders and having the wind blow by her back.

I use this pack for work every week. ( I do conservation…

Size: M 4000 cubic inches
Max. Load Carried: 50
Height of Owner: 5'4 110lbs

I use this pack for work every week. ( I do conservation work, build trail etc. ) and I never leave home with out it. I have put it through the ringer and it only gets comfier. I would recommend it for any female!!

I picked out this pack and then got it as a Christmas…

Design: internal frame
Size: Small is 62 liters, 3 lb. 7 oz.
Number of Pockets: 10
Max. Load Carried: 25 lb.
Height of Owner: 5'4"

I picked out this pack and then got it as a Christmas present in 2008. I had been torn between it and the Gregory Deva, but ultimately chose the Aura because I found a great deal on it. I have not looked back, since then I have used it on numerous weekend backpacking trips and I love it.

It holds a very reasonable amount of gear, is reasonably light weight, and I like the crescent suspension. While this feature can make packing a little bit more difficult, it provides a wonderful space for my water bladder and keeps the heat of the pack off of my back.

My only issue at all is the hip belt. It is waffle foam, which brings great breathability, but is not as cushioning as some other hip belts. At the end of some trips I have had burns on my skin from the hip belt rubbing, even through my clothes. My fiance has the men's version (the Atmos 65) and is thinking about replacing the hip belt with a heat moldable version that might fit better. The only downside that I see here is that it could be much hotter.

I think that I will keep on using my pack as is and see how this goes for him before investing in a change!