User Review: Osprey Exos 46
Source: bought it new
Price Paid: ~200 USD equivalent
This looks more experimental model and not the completed version for you want to buy it. Despite a lot of cons its main advantage is your dry back when in hot environments. If you will never try to load more than 12-13 kg, then its not so bad idea to have a one. But remember not to miss a screwdriver...
- good ventilation
- reasonably lightweight
- good looking
- semi water resistant lid
- movable lid
- curved shape of main compartment — hard to put anything bigger in
- metal frame spring (this elliptical thing) falls apart finally almost every odd time you move bag from both sholders to one. You allways have to have a flat screwdriver to fix it.
- noisy during walking — material squeeks around the frame
- hardly overpriced (~200 USD street price)
- deffinitely for light use only — up to 12, 13 kgs
- some "hot points" caused by frame or by some seams
- uncomfortable when cycling
- Strained back mesh sewn seams are weak points in construction - started to rip off after just 1 month of normal use.
Advertised volume is 49 littres for size L. I think that in comparision with other brands, this may seem to be 35 + 14. This means that total volume includes all "added" volume of side mesh pockets, pushing up lid and including external back pocket.
All straps etc are very nicely designed and right in place.
Have used this pack in Ladakh for one month. Mostly mountain trekking with all self suficiency items with me. Total packed weight was variable from 10 to 14 kgs.