User Review: Osprey Raptor 6
Source: bought it new
Price Paid: $75AU
Fantastic compact hydration pack with enough room for the essentials of a day riding the trails.
- Hydration bladder is easy to fill and just the right size
- Harness and belts fit perfectly to a range of bodies
- Separate pockets for scratchable items and hard items
- Magnetic chest clip to keep hydration tube where you need it!
- Mustard yellow isn't my favourite colour
- Hip belt pockets good size but don't seal for secure spot for gels
- Magnetic chest clip already snapped (but still works!) — specialty items can be hard to replace
Bought this pack for mountain biking and longer mtb races and it is perfect.
The fit is amazing, as with all Osprey packs I have tried (I have a wardrobe full) and the small frame even stretches to fit my 6"5' tall boyfriend ok.
The straps aren't bulky or over the top and follow the curve of your body and shoulders nicely. You do get a sweaty back as it doesn't have the venting mesh frame, but hey — I'm riding my ass off most of the time so sweating is always expected, pack or no pack.
The hydration bladder Osprey include in their hydration line is fantastic. So easy to fill with a handle that helps the bladder keep its shape, and also easy to get back in the pocket of the pack (which can be a real pain with other styles if you have things in your bag). They have a magnetic clip system on the chest strap so the hydration tube clips into place right under your chin for easy access when fumbling for water on singletrack. (My favourite feature!)
I fit my pump, spare tubes, multitool, emergency mars bars, gels, keys, phone, snake bandage and still have space for arm warmers and a light spray jacket if needed. Yet it isn't too bulky.
I feel confident doing 4 hours plus with this pack in the Australian bush in summer, I know I have everything I need to keep me hydrated and safe. (with perhaps an extra water bottle on my bike if its really hot!)
The only real drawback for me...the mustard yellow. But hey, at least it's high vis.