This has been a great little pack. It carried my books…

Design: don't know
Size: small
Number of Pockets: 1
Max. Load Carried: 40 lbs
Height of Owner: 5'11"

This has been a great little pack. It carried my books all throughout college. Carried supplies as a missionary in Alaska and the Yukon. Carried climbing gear throughout the west. I have even used it to pack out over 40 lbs. of crinoid research out of the Tetons. Not one stitch has popped, not one seem has come loose. Pound for pound the best pack I have ever used or owned. I have two Dana Design packs, they don't compete to this one. If you can still find this old one, get it. It fits good and lasts forever, just take the frame sheet out and wash in the laundry.

I bought this daypack after lots of searching. It…

Design: rucksack
Size: 1700-1800
Number of Pockets: 2
Max. Load Carried: 10-15?
Height of Owner: 6'1"

I bought this daypack after lots of searching. It is a very simple clean design. One big main pocket that closes with a big #10 zipper, and one small pocket for keys/wallet. It has contoured shoulder straps, and a nice wide waistbelt. All internal seams are finished off (no fraying material). it has a foam back pad, and a double layer bottom. Instead of normal compression straps, it has a bungee cord with cordlock that is sort of set up like a shoe lace. It is really nice to load the pack, then pull the bungee snug and the load is compressed. It is a very simple pack which is incredibly well thought out and built.

I think that Dana and Osprey have the best quality construction I have yet seen. I have used this pack on day hikes and bike commutes, and it is just the right size. I hope this helps somebody else.