Osprey Synchro 25

This pack is full of design compromises and I regret…

Price Paid: GBP40

This pack is full of design compromises and I regret buying it (much happier with my old Kestrel Pro, but I thought I needed a 'city' bag as I have become a full time student again). This bag is well made, but terribly designed.

Pros:
-Well built
-lots of pockets for storage

Cons:
-Terrible shoulder strap design- straps are basically flat, not shaped, which compromises comfort and results in overly long adjustment straps
-Back panel is uncomfortably shaped
-'Hipbelt' was a complete joke, offering neither support not stability, so I cut it off
-Why on earth put an ice axe loop on a bag that is so flagrantly not designed to be taken into that kind of environment?!? Simply an ostentatious gimmick.

Further:

The photo shown of this pack is misleading. The shoulder strap does not have the curve built in--Osprey must have used a wire to hold in in that shape. The shoulder strap is usually stiff and goes straight down, similar to straps found on cheapm unbranded backpacks.

An all-around good pack. Like all Osprey packs, it's…

Design: front-loading daypack
Size: ~1800 cubic inches
Number of Pockets: Many
Max. Load Carried: About 20 pounds
Height of Owner: 5' 10"

An all-around good pack. Like all Osprey packs, it's bullet-proof. This pack has many pockets, including an internal unpadded laptop sleeve. I've simply slipped the Eagle Creek computer vault inside this sleeve for padding. My only complaint is that two of the pockets are too deep, leading some items to get lost inside.

If you've owned or used an Osprey Synchro 25, please share your experience.

Osprey Synchro 25

The Synchro 25 has been discontinued.

The Osprey Synchro 25 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen sometime before 2006 at US Outdoor Store.

If you're looking for a new daypack (under 2,000 cu in), check out the best reviewed current models.