Macabi Skirt

This wrinkle and water resistant skirt can fold up…

Summary

This wrinkle and water resistant skirt can fold up into pants or shorts and is perfect for hiking or travelling. It is lightweight, breathable, and even fashionable!

Pros

• Wrinkle and water resistant
  • Many sizes, colors and lengths available
  • Huge pockets
  • Holds up well to use
  • Keeps legs warm

Cons

• Price

I purchased this "hiking" skirt about 5-6 years ago after reading about it on whiteblaze.net. I have used it on many, many trips and washed it many times and it still looks brand new! I purchased the regular, ankle length skirt and usually wear it as such. The fit is very comfortable since it has an elastic waist band and a drawstring, however, I have found that I need to use Body Glide under the waistband while hiking to avoid friction.

It comes with a clip to adjust it from a skirt to pants or shorts.  The pants version is a little awkward and hard to walk in. The shorts are really comfortable and perfect for stream crossings but definitely not fashionable at all!

It is very wrinkle and water resistant. I have stuffed this skirt into the bottom of my backpack on hiking trips and it never wrinkles or they fall out very quickly. When it rains the water nearly bounces off the skirt. If it does manage to get wet it dries extremely fast. The breathability is great and yet the skirt keeps your legs warm even if it is windy out. I usually wear it around camp in the evenings after hiking.  If it is very cold out, I even wear long underwear underneath and that is all I need.

The skirt has two very deep, self-draining side pockets and one zippered pocket that can hold just about anything. And with the elastic waistband, you don't have to worry about it falling down. The material also provides SPF25 protection from the sun. I have worn this while kayaking and it works to keep the sun off your legs.

This is also the perfect backpacking skirt since you could wear it as part of your "town clothes" to look more acceptable (for a hiker). Also, for the ladies (sorry guys!), it makes it much easier to take care of nature calls in the woods while still keeping some privacy.

163808_10100170301640992_1373417_n.jpg

1620367_10201830808026770_986878628_n.jp

163199_10100170298891502_4868194_n.jpg

Thanks for sharing this, Megan. It looks interesting. If you're willing, I'd love to see pics of the skirt in its various configurations in your review.

Thanks for the review, Megan. There are hiking kilts out there for guys, but I've never gotten up the never to try one.

MrsMustard

I added some pics, sorry for the size!

Lah

Ha ha! I see that I made a guest appearance in your review. Big Cypress fashion show! Now I need to hurry up and get my skirt review published :)

Thanks, Megan!

Joseph Renow

Megan...great review!...and I think a kilt would be a great addition to your kit Goose (pics!). Also...digging the beach camping:-)

Daniel Oates

My wife would love this. Thanks for the review, Megan!

• Pant Clip. Lets you adapt to changes in weather, activity or mood
  • Wading Snaps. Let you go amphibious without changing your clothes
  • Cottony-soft, breathable fabric (SPF 25+) resists wrinkles, dries fast and wicks away moisture
  • Oversized, self-draining pockets. Zippered security pocket. Cell phone pocket.
  • Elastic waistband, drawstring and belt loops
  • Available in multiple lengths, colors and sizes

Visit 's Macabi Skirt page.