Outdoor Products Backpacker Rain Cover

For $9 at your local Walmart, this is one of the smartest…

Summary

For $9 at your local Walmart, this is one of the smartest purchases you can make.

Pros

• Price!
  • Universal fit
  • Light (3oz)

Cons

• People question Walmart gear purchanses
  • You're not as cool if it doesn't say "North Face" on it.

Back in my cycling days, I bought into the notion that, "You're not a true cyclist unless your bike is worth more than your car." Over time I came to realize it doesn't matter where your gear comes from as long as A) it works, and B) you're happy with it.

Case in point is the Outdoor Products rain cover. This item retails off the shelf for $9 at your local Walmart. I weighed mine at 3oz. It fits all of my internal frame packs and cinches down well. Of course, the value of a pack cover is how well it keeps your gear dry, and I had no complaints as rain was a constant companion on my last week-long trip.

Now if you are person who needs the word "North Face" on everything you own, then you will want their $30 rain cover, weighing in at 8 ounces, but I've been happy with this unit.