Outdoor Research Water Bottle Tote

The convenience of it makes for easy hydration when…

Summary

The convenience of it makes for easy hydration when on the trail. It holds a one liter water bottle or an ordinary water bottle.

Pros

• Easy to use
  • Convenient

Cons

• Only one color

The Outdoor Research Water Bottle Tote is a great piece of gear. It holds a one liter water bottle or an ordinary water bottle. The large velcro strap lets you hook it to your pack waist belt. Which is the main reason I purchased it. When solo hiking it's near impossible to get a water bottle out of your pack without having to take it off.

Since most of my hikes are solo, I take the water bottle tote on every trek. I even used it for my trek on Kilimanjaro when it was important to keep hydrated.

The Tote is constructed out of a durable nylon material. The large velcro strap and a quick draw cord with cord lock keeps the bottle snug, preventing it from falling out. From what I see it only comes in the color black and weights only 1.5 oz.

The tote is not much of a water bottle parka, so it doesn't keep your liquids cold or warm in temperature. The convenience of it makes for easy hydration when on the trail. It's not a very expensive piece of gear either. I have seen prices range from 12-16 dollars (US) and can be found online at just about any outdoor or hiking retail store.

OR-water-bottle-Tote-copy.jpg