Pacific Outdoor Equipment SE Lite

This is a 3+ season pad IMO. Very well made, with…

This is a 3+ season pad IMO. Very well made, with a durable ripstop exterior and a sleeping surface treatment that actually does keep me from slipping as compared to my Thermarest Basecamp.

I tested this pad in weather in the mid-twenties and found it to be plenty warm (using a 20 degree bag. As a 2/3 length pad, I didn't have any insulation for my legs and I could feel the difference. I placed a rectangle of closed cell foam underneath my lower legs and feet about halfway through the night too remain toasty from head to toe.

The side beams work to keep me on the pad as well - I tend to sleep on my side and didn't end up off pad. In theory there would be some heat loss in the beams, as they are all air - no foam. But they are not underneath me (allowing my bag's insulation to do it's thing) and the foam on the pad's main panel along the beam's edges is thicker and solid, which seems to mitigate heat loss.

In any event, I didn't notice any loss at the sides. I was comfortable enough for a good night's sleep - much more so than my  5/8" thick ensolite pad.

The valve is metal, and I didn't lose any air overnight. In fact, my son slept on this pad indoors for 2 nights and it didn't seem to lose air.

It takes some strength to get into the stuff sack the first few times, but compresses down just fine into a 4" dia. by 10" space. The stuff sack has an interior pocket to hold the included repair kit.

It is a great pad for space and weight savings.

CLOSEOUTS . The Pacific Outdoor Equipment SE Lite sleeping pad is ideal for minimalist backpackers looking to conserve space and shave weight. It backs down small into the included stuff sack, and quickly inflates to add comfort and warmth to your night in the backcountry. Self inflating Repair kit and stuff sack included Dimensions: 1x20x48" Weight: 1 lb. Material: Nylon Made in China Available Colors: MANDARIN/CHINESE RED.

- Sierra Trading Post

Pacific Outdoor Equipment SE Lite

The SE Lite has been discontinued.

The Pacific Outdoor Equipment SE Lite is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen February 17, 2011 at Sierra Trading Post.

If you're looking for a new air-filled sleeping pad, check out the best reviewed current models.