Packit Gourmet Pizza Margherita Wrap

Type Vegetarian and Gluten Free
Meal Net Weight 3.2 oz / 92 g
Meal Packaged Weight 4.6 oz / 130 g

Tasty lunch or dinner meal that's really easy to prep…

Summary

Tasty lunch or dinner meal that's really easy to prep and takes very little water. Lots of pizza seasoning. I would add some slices of pepperoni or salami.

Pros

• Lots of flavor
  • Very easy prep
  • Uncommon trail food
  • Only 2.5oz of water to prep!

Cons

• Needs meat
  • Bring your own tortilla
  • Cold prep not great

I'm a big fan of Packit Gourmet and have used them for years, however I've never tried this. I prepped at home out of boredom and curiosity. This is cold prep, however I didn't like the taste so I wrapped and grilled in a pan.

This took four tortillas. I will likely use this as a trail lunch to share. The cheese melted nicely and has tons of Italian herbs and spices. I'll bring along some salami or pepperoni to add next time.

Here is a shot of the instructions which are thorough and easy to follow which is standard for Packit.

Here are the nutritional specs, add about 90 calories per tortilla and you're surfing around 1,000 for the meal.

Overall, not my favorite, but still very good with a bonus on ease of prep. I will absolutely buy again.

Thanks for the info, Cort. I hope you'll let us know what you think of this meal on the trail. Also, what are you favorite Packit meals?

Cort

I really like the Texas star fair chili and dotties chiken and dumplings a lot. For breakfast the egg skillet is good but the biscuits and gravy is awesome!

DonP

Cort and I are in the same boat. :) I LOVE PG's Dottie's Chicken and Dumplings and the breakfast Skillet is pretty good, but I like the Biscuits and Gravy a little bit better. Favorite dessert of theirs is the Mexican Chocolate Mousse. Haven't tried this meal yet, but you['ve convinced me to check it out..

Thanks for the recommendations! I've heard mainly good things about their meals. I'm sure others would appreciate it if you reviewed their other meals too.