Patagonia Slingshot Jacket

men's
Weight 13.5 oz / 383 g
Fabric 6-oz Doubleweave Stretch Woven, 98% Nylon, 2% Spandex / DWR Finish

I was lucky enough to have this jacket issued to me…

I was lucky enough to have this jacket issued to me for my work. While it's not a bad jacket, I haven't found a use for it for which I wouldn't prefer one of my other jackets.

It's a lightweight softshell, but I much prefer my North Face Cipher Windstopper jacket. The Cipher keeps the wind off better, fits better, keeps me more comfortable while running or just lounging around. I really can't imagine a case where I would buy one of these unless I absolutely needed a very lightweight, hoodless softshell.

This is a close as it gets to Schoeller Dryskin, without…

This is a close as it gets to Schoeller Dryskin, without being Dryskin. Patagonia has gotten it right. A great fabric that breathes, resists water big time and is wind resistant too. I haven't had it long enough to know for sure, but I bet it is highly abrasion resistant also. Seems to be similar to a Cloudveil Serendipity, but without the velcro on the cuffs (thank goodness!). Nice piece, wonder why they stopped making it? Wonderful soft shell with a great cut.

Jacket is great for wind and moderate rain. Add insulation…

Jacket is great for wind and moderate rain. Add insulation for colder weather. Wind resistant and water resistant. Let water sit for fifteen minutes on the fabric and it didn't leak through. It is very breathable and the pockets/vents are in the perfect place. The material is very tough, had a few run-ins with some slickrock and it didn't even phase it. Great shell. Good layering piece.

Visit Patagonia's Men's Slingshot Jacket page.

- Patagonia.com refers to the men's version

On Sale. Free Shipping. Patagonia Men's Slingshot Jacket No need to hold back in your Slingshot -- just let it fly on walls, trails and back bowls. Breathable, durable and versatile, this trim-fitting soft shell is all about shoulder-season activities made of wind, sweat and snow. Water- and wind-resistant, lightweight and stretchy, it's right on target for most backcountry pursuits. How it fits Contoured fit allows minimal layers and excels in all air-slicing activities. Details Clean fitting, durable stretch woven soft shell jacket for light and fast backcountry pursuits R1 grid-lined fabric collar with zipper chin guard Drawcorded hem; Slightly dropped tail Y-Joint sleeves for freedom of motion Elasticized cuff top slides easily over pumped-out forearms Deep front handwarmer pockets 6-oz. doubleweave stretch woven (85% nylon, 15% polyester); DWR (durable water repellent) finish. Collar lining 6-oz. R1 polyester (Polartec Power Dry). 383 g. (13.5 oz.) Imported Use it for Rock Climbing Mountain Biking Backcountry Riding We are not able to ship Patagonia products outside the US because of that other thing.

- Moosejaw refers to the men's version

Features:Clean fitting, durable stretch woven soft shell jacket for light and fast backcountry pursuits R1

- US Outdoor Store refers to the men's version

Patagonia Slingshot Jacket

$180.00 (men's)

The Patagonia Slingshot Jacket is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 31, 2012 at Patagonia.com.

If you're looking for a new soft shell jacket, check out the best reviewed current models.