For the past 15 years I've been wearing synthetic…

Fabric: Merino Wool

For the past 15 years I've been wearing synthetic base layers for hiking (capilene and techwech). I've been curious about the new wool base layers and ordered this top as a test. I liked it so well that within a week I ordered another one and two for my wife.

I'm sold on this new wool. It's soft, breathes, wicks very well, does not hold odor and is lighter, but warmer for the weight than the synthetics. The fit is contoured with stretch, but not tight and form fitting. We hike year round and this is a great base layer for winter and will work well under a soft shell for spring and fall. A pit pricey, but we found ours on sale. It offers Patagonia quality, environmentally friendly materials, and is made in the USA.