User Review: Petzl TacTikka XP
I have used this model of headlamp for many years, then bought a second as a back up and then bought several more for a racing team that I was racing with.
- The sliding lens (I use red) which allows me to switch from a focused (white) beam to a wide (red) beam with one quick movement. Or, while on soft setting red, move it the very slightest to expose a tiny bit of white to assist as needed but with very little white light out going.
- The three lighting levels and a flashing mode.
- The Boost mode to temporarily increase light intensity. I usually run on the lowest light setting and boost briefly when/if needed.
- The ease it can aimed with one hand.
- The battery charge indicator light (70 % and 90 % discharged) and the auto intermittent flashing of the headlamp which allows keeping track of battery life.
- Relatively compact and I use the Petzl Poche Tikka 2 Headlamp Pouch when packed.
- Fairly light weight at less than 100 g including batteries. Batteries = 3x AAA in lamp case.
- The horizontal (only) strap which allows quick and easy one handed pulling down to around neck and back up again to on forehead positioning.
- Strongly water resistant.
- Doesn't float, but hardly any headlamps do.
- Not waterproof.
Yes I do recommend this headlamp and would buy it again.