I bought these boots in 1974 for the AT and I am still…

Materials: leather
Use: backpacking
Break-in Period: month
Weight: 5.+ lbs

I bought these boots in 1974 for the AT and I am still backpacking in them. They are a great boot. In a moment of weakness, I went to REI and tried on a pair of lighter weight boots, but I couldn't bring myself to buy them. I'll wear my Pivettas to the grave!

Best I've ever had, and since they don't make them…

Materials: Leather, vibram screw soles and red lace
Use: backpacking only
Break-in Period: 2 weeks, 20 miles
Weight: 5 lbs.
Price Paid: $110 (1980), priceless now!

Best I've ever had, and since they don't make them anymore I guess the best I will ever have... I have had mine for 20+ years and they fit like a glove.

I thought I hit gold one day when I ran accross an old pair I found in a box after my father passed away. They are in brand new shape, never ever waterproofed and leather is still a light tan. Vibram screwed soles and all. I would guess 1980 era +-, nice boots just too small for me. They are men's size 10.

Thought I'd post this on this site to make everyone envy!!! Ha!

Truthfully though, they need a good home... A premimum score, especially since they are no longer made.