Pivetta Muir Trail

The finest boots I have ever owned. They are on their…

Materials: Leather
Use: All conditons except ice. My basic Rescue Boot.
Break-in Period: minimal
Price Paid: about $35

The finest boots I have ever owned. They are on their 6 or 7 set of soles.

Wes, if you have two pair of Muir Trails that must be why our inventory was short back when we were in college. You did use them a lot on rescue, but other than that I think they were for "beer runs".

Seriously you will never find a better boot. I have used on approach to Mt Shasta, North Pal, Thunderbolt, Darwin, etc.

Does anyone know the best place to have them resoled with yellow Vibrams? I am looking for an artisan that won't screw them up.

Great support, light weight, bought them about 15…

Materials: leather
Use: light to medium
Break-in Period: less than a week
Weight: less than 2 lbs.
Price Paid: $75-100

Great support, light weight, bought them about 15 yrs. ago and just had them re-soled last week, they still feel great. They are trim, without the big bumpers that are on most hiking boots and they look much better than those gore-tex, plastic looking ones on the market today. Wish I could find out if they are still made and where I could get another pair. I noticed on the inside it is stamped Pivetta made in Italy for DMC model: Muir Trail. they were a light grey suede with smoth glove leather inside which is why they are so comfortable. If still available please let me know!

I love these boots! Bought 2 pairs and have probably…

Materials: Leather
Use: Light Trail boot, light backpacking
Break-in Period: 1 week
Weight: light?
Price Paid: $32.50 (in 1974)

I love these boots! Bought 2 pairs and have probably 10,000 miles on them. They both have been resoled 5-6 times and have had the insides rebuilt several times.

I pioneered light weight hiking shoes in the early '70s when I used a pair of Nike Waffle Trainers on a backpack trip in the Sierras. Everybody else wore 8lb Lowa boots and I flew around them. At that time the "Muir Trail" was considered "too light" to backpack with, but I used them all over the Sierra with great success.

I've had these boots for 25 years and they are unbelievable.

Materials: leather
Use: all purpose

I've had these boots for 25 years and they are unbelievable. The most comfortable ones imaginable.

Still going strong after 31 years of use from moderate…

Materials: leather inside and out
Break-in Period: none to speak of
Price Paid: $25 - 1972 dollars

Still going strong after 31 years of use from moderate backpacking to extensive lawn mowing!

If you've owned or used a Pivetta Muir Trail, please share your experience.

Pivetta Muir Trail

The Muir Trail has been discontinued.

The Pivetta Muir Trail is not available from the stores we monitor.