Princeton Tec Quest

I bought this light because I was configuring my gear…

I bought this light because I was configuring my gear so that everything took the same battery size so I could use my solar charger to recharge the batteries. When I received the light in the mail from REI I was impressed at how well built it was and how beefy the construction was.

It is a simple light without all the bells and whistles. It is either on or off, no flashing, and uses a halogen bulb. I like the fact it is actually waterproof, not resistant, and I am able to swim with it on, and you can't beat the price.

A lightweight, affordable, 2-AA incandescent headlamp, the Quest is perfect for the novice or occasional outdoor enthusiast. The Quest includes one high-output Halogen bulb, and one long-burn bulb. Focused wide-beam illuminates up to 56 m away. Power: 2 W/8 Lumens. Waterproof to 1 m. Burn time: 5 hrs (Halogen) or 8 hrs (long-burn). Weight: 5.8 oz.

- Vargo Outdoors

Perfect for the novice or occasional outdoor enthusiast, the Princeton Tec Quest Headlamp is lightweight, affordable, 2 AA incandescent headlamp. The incredible quality and value is perfect for everyday needs, from weekend camping trips to home improvement projects. The Quest includes 1 highoutput bulb and 1 long burn bulb.

- Altrec Outdoors

The full-featured Princeton Tec Quest headlamp includes 1 high-output bulb and 1 long burn bulb to meet your lighting needs around camp and on the trail. Wide-beam reflector brightly lights up your surroundings-great for all-around use. Use the included halogen bulb to throw light up to 56m; use the long burn bulb to preserve battery life and throw light up to 42m. Headlamp is waterproof down to 1m for reliability in inclement weather. 3-piece headband with soft pad and strap system provides a comfortable fit. Requires 2 AA batteries, not included.

A lightweight, affordable headlamp that maintains all the durability characteristics of the popular Solo headlamp, the QUEST is perfect for the novice or occasional outdoor enthusiast. Its incredible quality and value makes it perfect for your everyday needs, from weekend camping trips to home improvement projects. QUEST Includes: Long Burn Bulb, Wide Reflector. SPECIFICATIONS:Power: 1 watt / 4 Lumens Batteries: 2 AA (not included) Reflector: Focused wide beam Burn Time: 8 hrs. Weight: 5.8 oz. with batteries Warranty: lifetime OPTIONS: Halogen bulb, red lens cap, narrow beam reflector

- Mountains Plus

The Princeton-Tec Quest Headlamp weighs 164 grams and contains 1 halogen bulb, 1 long burn bulb, 2 AA batteries and up to 8 hours of burn time.

- Rocky Mountain Trail

Princeton Tec Quest

The Quest has been discontinued.

The Princeton Tec Quest is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen April 30, 2013 at Altrec Outdoors.

If you're looking for a new headlamp, check out the best reviewed current models.