Quest (Dick's) Thermolite Series

Sleeping Bag Specs: * Bag Size: 84" x 32" x 22" *…

Design: Mummy
Fill: Quallo High Loft Performance Fill
Temperature Rating: 0F
Weight: 2.8 lbs

Sleeping Bag Specs:

* Bag Size: 84" x 32" x 22"
* 70D 210T nylon taffeta with 68D 210T diamond ripstop on outer shell
* 70D 210T nylon taffeta liner
* Drawcord hood with Velcro closure
* Internal shoulder collar with built in security pocket
* Full length draft tube
* Double talyer offset quilt construction
* Anti-snag zipper tape
* #7 nylon coil zipper with 2 way sliders

My wife purchased this Quest Thermolite Series sleeping bag for me last Christmas (2006). Although I was a bit apprehensive about the bag (I thought the cheap price meant poor quality), I've used it several times this year and have been pleasantly surprised.

The first time I used the bag was for some winter camping in February. During the camping trip the temperature dropped to the mid-teens during the night. The bag kept me warm and toasty even though I was only sleeping in my underwear. Although I did use a RidgeRest sleeping pad, I could begin to feel the coldness from the snow beneath the tent by morning.

During the summer, my dad and I backpacked at Shawnee State Forest and the temps were in the high 80's. I mostly slept on top of the bag, but during the night crawled inside with the zipper down. Again, I slept in comfort.

I give this bag 4 out of 5 stars primarily because of the price. Even though this has been a great bag, I know there are better bags out there, but they cost a lot more than $50.

Quest (Dick's) Thermolite Series

The Quest (Dick's) Thermolite Series is not available from the stores we monitor.

If you're looking for a new 3-season synthetic sleeping bag, check out the best reviewed current models.

Granite Gear Air Zippditty Review