Rab Drillium Jacket

Rab’s lightest waterproof shell, the Drillium Jacket, is made from 3-layer eVent fabric and weighs 350 grams. The highly-compactable Drillium comes in a short cut, tucks away into its own pocket, and features a roll-away wire peak hood, separate protective collar, water-resistant front zip and internal storm flap, two outer self-draining pockets, and one laminated inner pocket.

Weight 350 g
Men’s Sizing S-XXL

I bought this jacket before a summer of wilderness…

I bought this jacket before a summer of wilderness trip leading. I took groups of twenty on river trips, kayaking, and rock climbing trips. I wanted to have a rain jacket/shell that would pack light and breath. This jacket did the trick. I was very happy with it.

I ignored the directions to wash often, mainly because I didn't have access to a tech detergent and didn't notice any ill effects.

I experienced many downpours. The river flooded several of the weeks that summer with a ten year record high. It kept me comfortably dry. I especially liked the hood. It is spacious and can be adjusted to move with your head so it never obscures vision.

The only downside I experienced was that the sleeve closures only worked when I didn't have my hands over my head. When I reached up to adjust a tarp etc in the pouring rain, I had a bit of a trickle run down my arm. I believe that the only way to prevent this would be to have a neoprene seal, like a dry suit. Regardless, it kept me dry enough to be warm and comfortable, even in the pouring rain.

An excellent choice for a lightweight, waterproof, wind resistant, breathable shell. Perfect for backpacking, hiking and anything that you want to have a little extra warmth (windbreaker)/rain gear.

Initially was thrilled. Washed it in accordance with…

Price Paid: €200+

Initially was thrilled. Washed it in accordance with washing instructions on the inside of jacket. No longer waterproof.

Was recently advised that you should only wash with special washing products and make sure that before you wash that no powder or other detergent is in machine.

-maybe manufacturer should have suitable warning on jacket.

Visit Rab's Drillium Jacket page.

The Rab Drillium Jacket shares features with the award winning Latok Alpine Jacket but lighter weight. If light weight is what you need than this waterproof shell made from eVent fabric will not let you down. The Drillium delivers on all counts - lightweight, waterproof, very breathable, and a slight drop tail and extra length in the arms ensures a great fit no matter what you chose to do in it!

- CampSaver.com

Rab Men's Drillium Jacket

The Rab Men's Drillium Jacket is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen November 5, 2013 at CampSaver.com.

If you're looking for a new hard shell jacket, check out the best reviewed current models.