REI Aldervale Roll-Up Pants

Great for hiking in warm and fair weather. Converts…

Price Paid: 59$ (with 15% coupon)

Summary

Great for hiking in warm and fair weather. Converts to knee high shorts. Comfortable and quick to dry.

Pros

• Convertible
  • Cools off in warm weather
  • Dries off sweat
  • Light
  • Has 5 pockets total
  • Stylish
  • Great for hiking
  • Great for summer

Cons

• Loose straps from inside
  • Not for windy or cold weather

It is a stylish pair of hiking pants that conveniently converts into a knee high shorts for warmer and hotter weather on the spot. Personally, I think it is a two-in-one deal; pants and shorts together. The pants roll or fold up to knee height and are held in place with straps from the inside of the pants that snap together.

I love the material, it is mostly nylon, very light, soft on the skin, and best of all dries off sweat and water very quickly, almost instantly. I wore it in warm weather of desert Las Vegas and it cooled me off and I did not sweat much like in other pants. The pants come with two regular pockets, two back pockets that snap and one right side pocket that saps too. I love being able to put some small things in my pockets for quick access when I am on my hike, like a chapstick, napkins.

They feel very comfortable and very easy to move in. They also have added UV protection against the sun. The one thing I did not much like is the loose straps inside the pants dangling from the knee down for the cargo feature. If you have a habit of sitting with one leg over the other or crossed legged, like I do, you will feel the buttons dig into your skin. Besides that, for a pair of hiking pants, they fit nicely and elegantly.

I personally use these pants for daytime as well as for hiking on really hot days to stay cool. I have been wearing them for 5 months now and they wash well and still feel and look good. Great for spring and summer time only.

The REI Aldervale Roll-Up petite pants travel and wear well, no matter what's on the day's agenda. Weather warming up? Aldervale pants roll up to capri-length and secure with snap-tab closures. Woven 2-way stretch fabric is abrasion resistant, quick drying and easy to care for; it provides UPF 50+ sun protection, shielding skin from harmful ultraviolet rays. Drawcord at the waist adjusts the fit; easy on/off with a zip fly and snap closure. Front angle-entry hand pockets, snap-flap cargo pocket at right leg and 2 top-entry back pockets. REI Aldervale Roll-Up pants feature a slim, lean fit; back darts shape the waist for a smooth fit.

REI Aldervale Roll-Up Pants

The REI Aldervale Roll-Up Pants is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen December 5, 2013 at REI.

If you're looking for a new hiking pant, check out the best reviewed current models.