REI Flex Lite Chair

Weight 1 lb 12 oz
Capacity 250 lb

This chair is great! It's light and compact. Perfect…

Summary

This chair is great! It's light and compact. Perfect for backpacking.

Pros

• Compact
  • Easy setup

This chair is great! It's light and compact. I ended up just strapping it to the outside of my pack during a Memorial Day backpacking trip. It's easy to set up. I'm 6'-4" and I was able to stretch my feet out and lounge. The back goes almost to my shoulders when lounging.

The Flex Lite chair is excellent for bike touring,…

Summary

The Flex Lite chair is excellent for bike touring, backpacking, anything where you want a comfortable chair, but not a lot of weight. It is durable, and easy to pack into a small package. I would definitely recommend this camp chair.

Pros

• Compact when folded up
  • Reasonably priced

Cons

• Small feet

The REI Flex Lite chair is a great addition to a bike touring setup. It consists of a frame made of sturdy shock-corded tent poles, and a sling type seat that attaches to the frame at four points with reinforced pockets. It sits somewhat low to the ground (handy if you want to sit in a chair in your tent—like when it's pouring down rain outside), and is very comfortable. The seat is quick drying if it gets wet. It easily folds up and stores in its own bag.

The only complaint I have is that the rubber feet on the ends of the legs are a little small. They are fine if the ground or surface the chair is sitting on is hard. However, if the ground is soft, the legs sink into it and can cause the chair to tip over.

Overall, I love this chair, and will take it with me on every tour. And, finally, the price is very reasonable.