REI Halo +25

Shape mummy
Max user height 5 ft 6 in / 170 cm 6 ft 0 in / 180 cm
Shoulder girth 58 in / 150 cm 58 in / 150 cm
Hip girth 58 in / 150 cm 58 in / 150 cm

Ultralight under 2lbs, packs down to the size of a…

Source: bought it used

Summary

Ultralight under 2lbs, packs down to the size of a six pack, and kept me beyond warm in 20 degree nights.

Pros

• Ultralight
  • Great loft
  • Packs tiny
  • Super soft materials
  • Temp rating could even be lower imo

Cons

• Leaks minor down, will never add up to anything significant
  • Zipper snags like most bags out there

So it weighs less than 2 lbs vs my 5.5 lb synthetic and packed to about a quarter the size. I had been cold in my 0 degree bag on 35 degree nights, but the Halo +25 kept me warm when the temp hit 21 degrees last year. And I mean comfortable, great sleep warm, not just survivable. I could feel the cold air against my face, but my body would've never known. I feel like I could take on 10 degrees or lower honestly. The materials this bag is made of has got to be the most comfortable I've ever felt. Silk like qualities.

I should mention I use an insulated air mattress because if it wasn't insulated, I would've surely been cold as the bag would be compressed underneath me leaving next to no insulation on top of a cold air mat. If you don't insulate underneath you, you will never stay warm.

The only issue is that I wear black fleece and I always end up with tiny down pieces all over me. haha. It's not enough that it would ever mess with the bags temperature rating or anything, it's just there. I liked this bag so much that I bought the Halo +10  for this season so I'm pretty stoked to see how it works out.  I would recommend this bag to everyone...

I've used it around 40 nights and never needed more. Warm nights I just leave it unzipped, as it gets colder, that zipper makes its way up.

The REI Halo +25 down sleeping bag is a great choice for 3-season backpackers and ultralight adventurers. Features premium 750-fill-power goose down insulation, a downproof, partially recycled ripstop polyester shell and lining. Exclusive REI Down Fill Calculator optimizes the amount of down per baffle for the most warmth with the least amount of down. In-the-round design and baffle spacing allows the goose down to remain fully lofted and keeps it from shifting and migrating, preventing the onset of cold spots. Contoured hood, face muffler, trapezoidal foot box, full-length, antisnag zipper, and full-length draft tube with ground-level seams all keep body heat in, cold air out. External chest pocket keeps essentials-headlamp, watch, glasses-right at hand and easy to find in the dark. Differentiated drawcords (1 round, 1 flat) let you adjust hood and neck easily in the dark. Pad loops provide attachment points to keep your sleeping bag and pad together, so you needn't worry about rolling onto the cold ground (straps not included). European Norm (EN) comfort rating allows direct comparison with comfort ratings of any other EN-rated bag. Comes with stuff sack and large cotton storage bag. Right-hand zip. Special buy.

- REI refers to the men's version

REI Halo +25

The Halo +25 has been discontinued.

The REI Halo +25 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 8, 2013 at REI.