I bought these pants for mountain biking and they…

Fabric: stretch Scholler

I bought these pants for mountain biking and they are the best! I wear them for everything now. Hiking, biking, walking... they are so comfortable you will forget you have them on!

I haven't been camping nor have I been in the rain with them yet, but I have been splashed with mud and water on the trails and it just ran off.

They could pass for dress pants too!

I would first start by saying I would give this product…

Fabric: scholler dynamic fabric

I would first start by saying I would give this product 4.5 stars if that were available. I have taken these pants on numerous overnight adventures in rain, sleet and snow. Warmth = better than adequate, Durability = better than adequate. Waterproofness/resistance = excellent. Fit = is the only downfall of these pants; I think they run a tad large! I would recommend these pants for general mountaineering/skiing and hikes of all lengths. These pants were worn in that backcountry of the Chugach Mountains, Alaska.

REI Men's Mistral Pants

The REI Men's Mistral Pants is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen February 16, 2017 at REI.

If you're looking for a new soft shell pant, check out the best reviewed current models.

DeLorme inReach SE Review