REI Thermo LT Jacket

The REI Thermo LT fleece jacket is a great all-round…

Fabric: Polartec Wind-pro

The REI Thermo LT fleece jacket is a great all-round sweater. It is extremely comfortable, has a low-profile shape, and has extra-long sleeves, which really made points with me! The fabric stretches nicely with body movements, too. Although the fleece is somewhat wind resistant, don't expect too much heat retention in anything more than a moderate wind.

I have owned my Thermo LT for about four years, and even though I probably wouldn't take my jacket on a Sierra climbing or backpacking trip (other jackets are lighter and warmer), for any other outdoor activity it is superb. In fact, it is my favorite jacket. Try one on. You'll love it!

I LOVE IT! I wore it practically every night during…

I LOVE IT! I wore it practically every night during my month-long bicycle trip, and it is still alive and kicking. It is the perfect warmth for any chilly night, especially the ocean weather of the Pacific Northwest. I love the stretchy sides that allow movement, I could bike very easily (on VERY cold days), walk, and it worked well for this year's ski season. My only complaint is the windproof zipper is rather stiff, and so it pokes up into my chin. Two thumbs up overall!

If you've owned or used a REI Thermo LT Jacket, please share your experience.

REI Thermo LT Jacket

The Thermo LT Jacket has been discontinued.

The REI Thermo LT Jacket is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen September 12, 2009 at REI.

If you're looking for a new fleece jacket, check out the best reviewed current models.