REI Ti Ware Long-Handle Spoon

It seems a little odd to rave about a spoon, but my…

It seems a little odd to rave about a spoon, but my hat's off to the people who thought of this perfectly designed spoon. When I backpack and cook a hot meal I always use a store bought dehydrated meal and I always eat out of the bag. The only utensil I carry is this specially designed long-handled sturdy metal spoon.

I used to find eating out of a bag could be annoying because a regular spoon is too short and will not reach to the bottom of the bag and I usually would end up getting food on my hands. This spoon reaches right to the bottom, is angled slightly more than a normal spoon and since it is creased metal does not bend at all. I get every bit easily, zip up the bag and I am done.

My wife kids me about my enthusiasm for this spoon and now after every trip she asks me "Well, honey, how did you like your spoon this time?"

To me it is totally worth the $10!

Great spoon. Length allows it to be used for seemingly…

Great spoon. Length allows it to be used for seemingly any cooking situation, but great for eating too. It's light weight and durable. It's also easy to clean (I hate washing up). After my knife, this is the first utensil I look for when checking my gear for a trip.

Well, like previous reviewers, it is kind of weird…

Well, like previous reviewers, it is kind of weird giving a review on a spoon. But this one spoon tops the charts. Light, long, and durable. Basically all the features you would want in a backpacking spoon. This thing is the ticket for re-hydrated meals.

If you've owned or used a REI Ti Ware Long-Handle Spoon, please share your experience.

REI Ti Ware Long-Handle Spoon

The Ti Ware Long-Handle Spoon has been discontinued.

The REI Ti Ware Long-Handle Spoon is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen September 14, 2011 at REI.

If you're looking for a new utensil, check out the best reviewed current models.