REI Venturi 40 Pack

I love this pack it has a lot of pockets which makes…

I love this pack it has a lot of pockets which makes it convenient. It fits well. It carries a lot.

I used it for an overnighter and I prefer using stuff sacks to carry more stuff and I actually carried about 35 lbs for that overnighter. It held very well.

I wish it had a better storage on the bottom of the bag but overall it is the best daypack I have ever had. I do not plan on getting any other bag for a while.

I bought this bag at the REI scratch and dent sale so try to take that to your advantage.

Carries big loads, up to 35+lbs but I really wish…

Design: top loading internal frame
Size: 40l
Number of Pockets: 6
Max. Load Carried: 40-45
Height of Owner: 5'10"

Carries big loads, up to 35+lbs but I really wish it had better bottom straps for attaching items.

I have used this pack on a few several day hiking trips and it holds up very well. I did have to return/replace the first one I bought because the water tight zippers became disconnected from the bag (maybe from the heat in the back of my truck it gets in the 100s here) but after that replacement I have had no problems whatsoever.

Also I am a med pack size but I use a large for a little more room and it fits great.

Plenty of space for long technical day hikes, where…

Design: internal toploader
Size: 2441
Number of Pockets: 6+ main
Max. Load Carried: 30
Height of Owner: 6'6

Plenty of space for long technical day hikes, where specialty gear is necessary, or for a UL weekend. The design of the pockets makes accessing gear at the spur of the moment a breeze!

The back panel is super comfortable compared to a traditional straight panel. but for all of the comfort some stability is sacrificed, as I found on a few very technical scrambles last weekend. Also, I don't think there are enough strap down points on the outside to really secure a bigger load.

But keep the weight under 25lbs and this has to be one of the best packs on the market! Highly recommended!

If you've owned or used a REI Men's Venturi 40 Pack, please share your experience.

REI Men's Venturi 40 Pack

The Men's Venturi 40 Pack has been discontinued.

The REI Men's Venturi 40 Pack is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen June 28, 2012 at REI.