Ruff Wear Portage Float Coat

I used this coat for a while with my mini-aussie Link.

Summary

I used this coat for a while with my mini-aussie Link.

Pros

• Floats
  • Doesn't waterlog

It did the trick just fine for him! (30lbs full grown). Kept him up while he paddled, and I loved having a handle that I could use to move him around with. It was also nice that we were able to attach his leash to it while we walked around the boat dock. I never had any issues with it being too loose or coming off, though if both of the flaps don't wrap fully around the dogs stomach, I could maybe see where issues would begin.

One important thing to me, I guess growing up within Vegas and going to the lake often, is to test lifejackets. People don't always understand that some aren't up to snuff and can waterlog with time (many kids ones in fact, with princesses and whatnot on them) usually these are cheap ones, but I have seen a couple expensive ones fail the test. To see if it does that you just need to leave it in a pool/body of water overnight, this guy stayed afloat all night!

Overall, I have been happy with it and would definitely recommend it to anyone with a similar sized beast! Sadly, Link passed away and his replacement Teddy is already too big for it lol.

UTTERLY UNRELIABLE, at least on slim, deep chested…

UTTERLY UNRELIABLE, at least on slim, deep chested dogs anyway! Don t put your dog at risk with this crappy jacket. It fitted poorly on my dog (double checked the sizing too) and came off on my friend's Weimaraner in the water. I have since bought a dog life jacket from NRS and that one is superb.

Description Of Ruffwear Portage Float CoatProvide safety for your water-loving canine companion, and peace of mind for you, in and around the water. Ideal for recreational use, the Portage is a high-quality life jacket at an excellent value. Great for calm water activities, or for dogs who are less buoyant andor new to the water.FeaturesGenerous anatomical cut for ease of swimming and mobilityLow profile assistance handle makes it easy to lift dogs out of the waterWide size range fits dogs of all shapes and sizesReflective trim for enhanced visibilityPVC-free foam buoyancy cells float dog in a natural horizontal swimming position

- US Outdoor Store

Provide safety for your water-loving canine companion, and peace of mind for you, in and around the water. Ideal for recreational use, the Portage is a high-quality life jacket at an excellent value. Great for calm water activities, or for dogs who are less buoyant and/or new to the water. One of the biggest advantages of a Ruff Wear Float Coat is the strategically placed PVC-free buoyancy cells that support dogs in a natural horizontal swimming position, allowing them to go farther, longer, with less fatigue.

- Ramsey Outdoor

Whether youre dog is just learning to swim or youre taking him for a trip down the river, the Ruffwear Portage Float Coat Dog Lifejacket gives your pal some added safety. Ruffwear gave the Portage strategic buoyancy cells that support your poochs natural swimming position to help him or her swim longer without fatigue. Bottom cinch buckles make for a secure fit, and the top grab handle helps you pull the rascal out of the water.

The Portage Float Coat from Ruff Wear provides safety for your water-loving canine companion and peace of mind for you in and around the water. Ideal for recreational use.

- EMS

Enjoy your time spent on the water in the company of one of your best friends with peace of mind by treating your pup to Ruff Wear's Portage Float Coat, a life vest for dogs. Crafted with strategically placed, PVC-free buoyancy cells, this vest keeps your dog floating in a natural horizontal position while the anatomical cut ensures freedom of motion.

- Mountain Gear

Ruff Wear Portage Float Coat

The Portage Float Coat has been discontinued.

The Ruff Wear Portage Float Coat is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen August 9, 2013 at Ramsey Outdoor.

If you're looking for a new dog life jacket, check out the best reviewed current models.