Salomon Exit Aero

I've been wearing the Exit Aero for about 6 months.

Materials: suede, breathable mesh
Use: city walking - good on short walks, failed on long walks
Break-in Period: none

I've been wearing the Exit Aero for about 6 months. Initially I said repeatedly that they are the best pair of walking shoes that I've owned. Nearly all of my walking is in the city. I appreciate the strong supportive bottoms and toe protection.

However, since I walked long distance on three different days (15 miles, 8 miles and approx. 26 miles), I became aware of the shoes shortcomings. the breathable mesh that I appreciated for its lightness and breathability, seems to have failed to provide good support to my forefoot. I injured my foot (swelling) on those long walks and suspect if the the fabric were different (stronger) I would not have injured my foot.

If anyone can recommend a stronger, city walking shoe that has the kind of bottom support in the Exit Aero, please notify me.

Thank you.

With the Exit Aero from Salomon, take the next exit to versatility and breathability. Salomon's superior design make these rugged, versatile shoes a great way to enjoy many outdoor activities. Exit Aero Hiking Shoe Technical Specification: Weight: 11.3 oz (size 7 W), 13.4 oz (size 9M) Upper: Heel foam, breathable open mesh, split suede leather,heel strap Lining Material: Textile Sole Construction: outsole: contragrip-, Midsole: Molded EVA: Sockliner: Die cut EVA Ideal Uses: day hikes mountain biking mowing the lawn bird chasing

- Mountain Hideaway

You don't need heavy duty hiking boots unless you plan on a long backpacking trip or carrying a lot of weight. Slip into the comfort, protection, and stability of the Salomon Men's Exit Aero Hiking Shoe when the wilderness beckons.

- Backcountry Outlet

The lightweight and breathable Salomon Exit 2 Aero hiking shoes offer great cushioning and a comfortable fit that's great for travel or hiking in warm climates. Abrasion-resistant split suede leather uppers feature nylon mesh underlays for ample breathability. Padded collars and tongues protect ankles and relieve lace pressure; heel loops aid entry. Knit linings wick moisture away from your feet and dry quickly to keep you comfortable on the go. Removable EVA footbeds and molded EVA midsoles provide cushion and shock absorption underfoot. Board lasted for comfort; fiberboard insert delivers stability. Salomon Exit 2 Aero hiking shoes have Contagrip(TM) outsoles that supply reliable traction on tough terrain, wet or dry. Closeout.

Your plastic flip-flops are killing your feet after a ten-mile hike, so next time slip on the Men's Salomon Exit Aero 2 Hiking Shoes. These lightweight hikers provide sturdy support for fast days on the trail.

Step out of the house and into the great outdoors with the Exit Sport hiking shoe from Salomon. With the built-in mud guard and toe cap, you'll be ready to conquer any trail with protected feet while the breathable open mesh and heel foam allow your feet to breath while cushioning them.

- Mountain Gear

Salomon Men's Exit Aero

The Men's Exit Aero has been discontinued.

The Salomon Men's Exit Aero is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen May 20, 2013 at REI.