I've been wearing the Exit Aero for about 6 months.

Materials: suede, breathable mesh
Use: city walking - good on short walks, failed on long walks
Break-in Period: none

I've been wearing the Exit Aero for about 6 months. Initially I said repeatedly that they are the best pair of walking shoes that I've owned. Nearly all of my walking is in the city. I appreciate the strong supportive bottoms and toe protection.

However, since I walked long distance on three different days (15 miles, 8 miles and approx. 26 miles), I became aware of the shoes shortcomings. the breathable mesh that I appreciated for its lightness and breathability, seems to have failed to provide good support to my forefoot. I injured my foot (swelling) on those long walks and suspect if the the fabric were different (stronger) I would not have injured my foot.

If anyone can recommend a stronger, city walking shoe that has the kind of bottom support in the Exit Aero, please notify me.

Thank you.