Raise a little fell with this newest entry from Salomon.

Price Paid: 110 CDN

Summary

Raise a little fell with this newest entry from Salomon. If you're a forefoot trail runner and you're looking for a responsive shoe to tackle the most technical trails with a whole lotta comfort, then look no further. Bomb down steep technical terrain with confidence in these shoes.

Pros

• Construction. Perfect heel drop for midfoot runners.
  • Traction. Great lug system allows you to tackle terrain with confidence
  • Comfort. Unlike most shoes from Salomon, these shoes are soft yet responsive.
  • Water resistance. Easy in. Easy out.
  • Lacing. What's not to love. Quicklace says it all. Load, lock, and go.

Cons

• Hard surface traction. A little slippery over wood.

Took the Fellraisers out for an inaugural 45 minute run. The terrain was a mix of grass and leaf covered ski hills and some muddy single track. It was raining while we were out so conditions were slick. But that didn't stop me or my Fellies.

My first impressions were how flippin' comfy these shoes were. While the run was short, I have a feeling my feet would still be smiling at the 2hr mark.

On the whole, the shoes handles well no matter what I threw at them. Tearing down slopes was a breeze, that's how confident I was with their grip. The lug system is phenomenal.

The only moment of pause was scampering over some tree downfall. These shoes are built for soft slippery terrain. So wasn't too surprised that they tended to loose traction on certain surfaces. I'd be curious to see how they handle damp or moss covered rock. I'd anticipate something similar.

So basically, I'm one happy trail runner. I'm a fusspot when it comes to trail shoes: they're either not comfortable at long distances, lack grip, laces don't stay tied, blah, blah. But there is little I could fault these shoes.

My Fellraisers will be my go-to trail and adventure running shoe. I've historically not been a fan of Salomon shoes, primarily due to the higher heel-to-toe drops and stiffer platforms. But with these? I'm a convert.

FromSagetoSnow

these look sweet. They might just be my next trail runners.