I just picked the XA Comp 2's up at my local REI based…

Materials: Man-made uppers, EVA and dual-density EVA midsoles
Use: Trail running, light hiking
Break-in Period: Non-existent
Weight: 195 lbs.

I just picked the XA Comp 2's up at my local REI based on some rev's and personal poll's I'd taken w/fellow trail runners. 'Til now I've been a loyal NB guy preferring whatever the latest ver. of the 900 series is out. I put 12-15 mi. of sandy, rocky So.Cal trails/ week on my shoes so I tend to go thru a pair in six mo's.

My first impression of these shoes is COMFY! and I love the unique lacing system tho I fear the flopping of the slack lacing might be an annoyance during a run. I have not yet run these dogs but intend to very shortly. I beat up trail shoes so if these can stand-up, Salomon will have a convert! More to follow soon ...