Salomon XR Mission CS

My first thought when I picked up these shoes in the…

Summary

My first thought when I picked up these shoes in the store was "no way, they can not be this light." I am still pleased by how light they feel on my feet, while still providing excellent protection from rocks and the like on trails.

Pros

• They look sexy
  • Very comfortable
  • Gives good support

Cons

• The zip cord is hard to get the hang of
  • The mesh on the front gets twigs stuck to it at times

While at first I was deterred by the lacing system for the shoes, my friend reassured me that they really aren't as strange as they seem at first. I was worried that they would cinch in strange places, but it feels well all around my foot.

I took my shoes out on the trail the day after I bought them, and I was very pleased with them. Hardly any breaking in was needed. I found that some of the fabric on the front of the shoe attracts little twigs to stick to it, so that is a little annoying.

I am really happy with how they look on my feet. While I look for something that fits well and performs well, it is nice to have products that let you look cool while wearing them as well!

I have owned this pair of shoes for about five months now, and I still wear them all the time. They are also a good conversation starter with people, and you might even convince some people to go trail running with you!

Salomon's XR Mission CS is great if you run trails in road shoes. This shoe is light, cushioned and grippy. The ClimaShield technology adds breathable weather protection for running in muddy or cold and wet conditions.

- CampSaver.com

On Sale. Free Shipping. Salomon Men's XR Mission CS Shoe FEATURES of the Salomon Men's XR Mission CS Shoe Outsole: Non marking Contagrip Contagrip LT Contagrip HA OS Tendon Sockliner: EVA shaped footbed Molded EVA OrthoLite Midsole: Molded EVA Light Weight Muscle Protective TPU toe cap Lace pocket Friction free lace eyelet Sensifit Sensiflex Quicklace SPECIFICATIONS of the Salomon Men's XR Mission CS Shoe Weight: 12.3 oz / 350 g

If you run trails in road shoes, this should be your next shoe. Light, highly cushioned, and grippy on all surfaces. The Climashield version adds protection for running in muddy, cold, or wet conditions. Lace pocket: Provides easy storage for the Quick Fit lacing system. Protective TPU toe cap: Provides strong foothold support and side protection. Sensifit: Sensifit system works to cradle the foot providing a precise and secure fit. Quicklace: Minimalistic and strong lace for one-pull tightening. Easy-on, easy-off. Friction free lace eyelet: For quick and easy one pull lacing. Sensiflex. Climashield. Non marking Contagrip: Delivering optimal traction on varied surfaces, Salomon's Contagrip outsoles use the ideal combination of specialized rubbers for each specific use. OS Tendon. Contagrip HA. Contagrip LT. Molded EVA: Molded EVA midsole provides lighweight cushioning and stability. Light Weight Muscle. Molded EVA: Provides excellent next to foot cushioning and anatomical support. EVA shaped footbed: Provides excellent cushioning and anatomically designed support. OrthoLite: OrthoLite sockliner combines a specific Ortholite foam and an EVA heel cup. Ortholite foam creates a cooler, drier, healthier, better cushioned environment under the foot. It will not break down or lose effectiveness over time. Recycled tire content to protect the environment. EVA heel cups allows for a better heel support and added cushioning. Weight: 350. Weight: 2. Cushioning: 3. Stability: 2. Protection: 3. Breathability: 4. Durability: 2. Midsole Height: 20mm / 9mm. Available Color(s): Iguana Green

- Tahoe Mountain Sports

CLOSEOUTS . Chock-full of technology to make your trail-running adventure like nothing youand#39;ve ever experienced. Salomonand#39;s XR Mission CS shoes feature an asymmetrical, SensiFit lacing system, a wide toe box for plenty of room to breathe and a ClimaShieldand#174; mudguard for protection in inclement weather. Available Colors: AUTOBAHN/BLACK/YELLOW, IGUANA GREEN/BLACK/GREEN, POP GREEN/BLACK/GREEN. Sizes: 7, 7.5, 8, 8.5, 9, 9.5, 10, 10.5, 11, 11.5, 12, 13, 14, 12.5.

- Sierra Trading Post

Specifications QuickLace systemProtective Rubber Toe Cap for rugged environmentsMolded EVA provides next to foot cushioning, and anatomical supportContagrip provides excellent traction, no matter the terrain

- River Sports Outfitters