I have worn this shoe for over a year. Done a couple…

Break-in Period: 50mls?
Price Paid: $80 at REI sale

I have worn this shoe for over a year. Done a couple of Mt. Rainer day hikes and have been to Mt. Ellenor. However, I use these mostly for my walk to work- about 3 miles daily. Very comfortable for someone who is comfortable in hiking boots. This is not a light shoe and needs some breaking in.

A very well constructed trail shoe, supportive enough…

Materials: Synthetic upper, Vibram sole, not waterproof.
Use: Light to medium hikes with pack.
Break-in Period: First walk
Weight: 1kg pair.
Price Paid: $190 Aust.

A very well constructed trail shoe, supportive enough for overnight hikes with the gear that entails. I have worn Columbia and Hi-Tec shoes and boots before, and these Scarpas are a little broader in the forefoot than the other two makes. The lugged Vibram sole provided excellent grip on the steep, loose trails. There's a strong sense of stability about them that I really like and I won't use my full boots again except in very wet, cold conditions. My only complaint of them is that the inner footbed could be a little more cushioned, and because it seems a bit thin it doesn't mould to the foot as much as say the Columbias or Hi-Tecs.

Scarpa Ego

The Ego has been discontinued.

The Scarpa Ego is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen March 23, 2010 at Sierra Trading Post.

Granite Gear Air Zippditty Review