Nice boot runs narrow. Has a precise fit and just…

Nice boot runs narrow. Has a precise fit and just enough flex. Not too heavy for a plastic. I have an older one before the Intuition liner. I bought an aftermarket Intutition Denali liner. Love it. I have a size 12b foot and am using a 13 boot with the Denali liner and custom footbeds that I switch between my ski boots and these.

I am on the lookout for closeout new ones as mine have taken a beating but are still living. I want to prepare for the future if Scarpa decides to discontinue. I hope not. These are my fav plastics.

These boots feel like a hybrid between a real stiff leather and a full bore plastic. I wear them for ice climbing, alpine, and winter BP. I have commonly done 10-20 miles a day in them peak bagging in the Northeast and they have worked admirably.

Obviously not as comfy as doing 20 in a soft leather or split leather but not freezing your feet off and have a warm dry liner in the morning outweight the discomfort.

If you have a narrowish foot I highly recommend them, fat feet people should buy with caution. Make sure you can return it.

Third pair of plastics for me. Much more nimble, plenty…

Materials: Plastic
Use: Mountaineerring
Break-in Period: none
Price Paid: ~$350

Third pair of plastics for me. Much more nimble, plenty warm. Had read of durability problems but have two good seasons of use. Not a bad rocker for walk in, nice and easy to get on in the frozen morning. Great fit with my Grivel crampons. The best hard shell I have seen.

Scarpa Omega

The Scarpa Omega is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen December 4, 2014 at EMS.

If you're looking for a new mountaineering boot, check out the best reviewed current models.

Granite Gear Air Zippditty Review