I use this great quality mountaineering boot for ice…

Price Paid: ~450 cdn

Summary

I use this great quality mountaineering boot for ice climbing. It fits my narrow, high arched foot.

Pros

• Leather
  • Great tread
  • Fits narrow foot
  • Decent colour
  • Strong shank
  • Waterproof

Cons

• Need toe warmers
  • Tricky to navigate through rocky terrain

I used this boot for all my ice climbs last winter. I wanted a tight fit from toe to heel as I don't like the feeling of my foot slipping back in my boot on a lead. I wore them dawn to dark for 30 climbs. They were great for long approaches, even in snowshoes. Very few blisters on break-in thanks to duct tape. My feet did not move when climbing and they are waterproof.

Because leather is so darned cold and it takes only a little snow to start a foot freeze, I used toe warmers EVERY time.

I'll be using these until they fall apart.

rated 4.00 of 5 stars All Summit GTX versions

In addition to the 1 women's review above, there is 1 review for another version of the Summit GTX. Read all reviews »