Sea to Summit Pocket Conditioning Shampoo

G’Day! Baz from Sea to Summit here. We don’t normally…

Price Paid: MSRP $3.95

G’Day!

Baz from Sea to Summit here. We don’t normally post responses to user reviews, but we felt there were a number of points here which were worth addressing:

• Trek and Travel Shampoo leaves will produce less lather in cold water, and almost no lather at all in salt water. The shampoo/conditioner will still clean your hair even without lather.
  • We’ve sold many thousands of the Trek and Travel Shampoo leaves, and have not heard of users experiencing this issue. We've posted a video on the Ask Baz blog http://askbaz.wordpress.com/getting-fresh-sea-to-summit-pocket-trek-and-travel-soaps/ showing one leaf being removed from the package and lathering nicely (don't worry; no staff members were harmed in this process)
  • Trek and Travel Shampoo with Conditioner has a recommended retail price of $3.95

We maintain a customer service department staffed by cheerful, competent and genuinely helpful staff (trailspace.com readers – give us a call and check it out for yourselves!). If a customer contacts us with an issue we make every effort to come up with a reasonable solution. In this case, had the reviewer contacted us, we would have offered to

a) replace the product for free [solving the issue of the remaining 44 now useless leaves]

b) replace the product with Trek and Travel Liquid Shampoo at no charge, or

c) contact the retailer from whom the shampoo was purchased and arranged for a full refund.

We might even have come up with an option d) and perhaps even an option e) – we’re pretty good at lateral thinking.

Here’s that phone number for our customer service department: 303-440-8977

My email address (for any questions, technical, functional – anything at all): info@seatosummit.com

Or - if you'd like to take it to the blogosphere, send me a question via "Ask Baz"

Hope this helps.

B

What a complete waste of money. The only people who…

Price Paid: about $12

What a complete waste of money. The only people who might use this product with any success have to be bald!

I decided to try it out before leaving for a hike, and I'm so glad i did. There are 50 leaves on the box, and I started adding more and more of them to get even close to a lather. The first three did nothing, neither did the next two. The last two I added ended up as blobs of goop in my hear. And after digging out the last two I spilled a few drops of water into the container, so the remaining leaves have now merged into one useless messy goop.

I had to get some regular shampoo to wash out the Sea to Summit shampoo... Maybe I can find a use for the box when I clean it out. Might be good for a sewing kit.

The only good thing about this is that it is TSA carry-on compatible.

Conclusion: unless you're bald save your money!

(BTW: I have a typical male length haircut)

Visit Sea to Summit's Pocket Conditioning Shampoo page.

Sea to Summit's new use-specific Pocket Soaps contain 50 leaves of pure, dry soap so theres no risk of leakage in your luggage or pack and no risk of having it confiscated by airport security. The easy-to-ration leaves means youll have plenty of soap to last your entire trip. Handy for travel or camping because theyre lightweight and compact. Theyre also biodegradable so they wont harm the environment.

- CampSaver.com

Compact and lightweight, Sea to Summit Pocket Conditioning Shampoo contains 50 pure leaves of dry shampoo so it's easy to keep your hair clean when you're backpacking, hiking, or traveling.

- EMS

Our new use-specific Pocket Soaps contain 50 leaves of pure, dry soap so theres no risk of leakage in your luggage or pack and no risk of having it confiscated by airport security. The easy-to-ration leaves means youll have plenty of soap to last your entire trip. Handy for travel or camping because theyre lightweight and compact. Theyre also biodegradable so they wont harm the environment.

- Ramsey Outdoor