Weight 9 oz / 250 g
Dimensions 7.5 x 2.5 in
Volume 1.4L

This is a very functional and packable pot for camping…

Summary

This is a very functional and packable pot for camping and backpacking. It's lightweight, collapsible, the perfect size for one- or two-person cooking, and durable with quick heat up on the camp stove.

Pros

• Collapsible
  • Size
  • Does not retain heat long
  • Lid doubles as a strainer

Cons

• Does not retain heat long
  • Can retain flavor from previous recipes

image.jpgWe loved several of the great features of this pot: it is lightweight and collapses to a very packable disk to toss into the backpack. I also like that the lid (so glad it has a lid!) can double as a strainer (for those times you add too much water, or if you need to drain off water from pasta) and is held on by the pot handles.

The pot handles are multifunctional in that they are both handles and secure the lit for packing. I was pleasantly surprised that food did not get stuck in the "ridges" where the pot collapses, and that the pot was fairly rigid when cooking.

A simultaneous pro and con is that the pot does not retain heat long after it comes off the camp stove. This stinks if you want your food to stay hot long, but is great for quick cleanup and breaking camp. The base of the pot, the part that comes in contact with your heat source, seemed to be nonstick inside and didn't scratch. That being said, I don't suggest you use your knife to stir your rice.

We had no problems with the silicon (I use some silicon pieces in my own kitchen at home), but I've heard of others having difficulties with the sides or lid melting a bit. If you make sure your stove flame is smaller than the pot bottom you should be OK. This is NOT meant for open campfire use.

We did have some flavor retention that I don't think was due to poor cleanup, though cleanup was a breeze. After a few days the flavors faded, or melded with others so we didn't notice anymore. The bright orange color of this particular size (different sizes are different colors) made it easy to find in my pack.

I liked this product enough that I'm thinking about adding another size to my backpacking kitchen arsenal.

Nice review, Annie! Thanks for sharing it.